ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox360 Disc Reading Problem?

Si

RS Clio 172
Hai.

Since the release of Forza 3 a few weeks ago my xbox has been stuggling to read discs. it will often tell me that the disc requires cleaning and re-entering.

This has happened on both FM3 and MW2 and today it seems to be a lot worse. i've just managed to install MW2 and it seems to be running fine now.

Anyone else had similar problems? The console's about a year old.

M135i, 118 coupe
My mate just had this problem with a two week old Fifa game. Took it back to the shop and they said its a laser scratch caused by the `xbox and not there fault! They said it normally happens when the xbox is one a carpet or something soft, and it should be on a hard surface laid on its side, he was pretty pissed off as the disc was immaculate!

Si

RS Clio 172
it's fine now it's installed. although it took an age to install! the xbox is on its side on a glass shelf of my tv stand.

Si

RS Clio 172
bit of an update on this... it still struggles to read most discs... but it also wont let me play certain game modes in fifa 10. for example... if i play a 2 player exhibition match it'll freeze straight after kick off. which sucks.

any ideas?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
my mate had this issue with his 360, it said every disc he put in needed cleaning.

i stripped the 360 and cleaned the laser lens but made no difference. he had to send it back to ms.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Mine was like this for a while, then it died. Wouldnt read the disc, on light kept flashing and tray wouldnt open and close.

In the end I went for a new elite. By the time I sold my controllors, faulty xbox and duplicate copy of forza 3 it cost me 70 in total and I had a brand new quieter elite with two wireless controllors.

Si

RS Clio 172
never knowingly knocked it over, it's on its side most of the time anyway so can't really knock it over.

it's just over a year old now. bought it when my first one went rrod last year.

sounds like a common (ish) fault then. lovely gutting. maybe i should get an elite and try and get this one fixed and sell it on.

ph 2, 172.
ahh okay mate, just ive knocked mine over while the disk is running and it scratches all of then when you try other games it does the same..

Titanium 182
This happened to my old xbox, 2 years later the disc drive is bust. Wont stay closed, keeps opening haha.

Si

RS Clio 172
yer i heard about that. i think i'll try the fifa disc on a friends xbox to check it isn't the disc in that case... as fifa is the one that's playing up the most.

Si

RS Clio 172
This happened to my old xbox, 2 years later the disc drive is bust. Wont stay closed, keeps opening haha.

hahaha.

i wanna get it sorted asap though, as i'm fed up of having to do a quick match on fifa for it to work... and 9 times out of ten it being arsenal vs spurs. :dead:

a friend said he'd look at it for me (he's fixed many an xbox) but should i be worried about opening it up? don't microsoft just ban people now for xbox's that have been tampered with?