ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox360: Its Broken on me :(

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Can't believe it, only had live a few days and the piece of cr*p has just packed up and won't read any of my games! :(

If I put a game in I get the message: [SIZE=-1]"To play this disc, put it in an xbox 360 console"

It played a CD I put in but won't play any DVD's or games. I can get in the dashboard and play arcade games etc but the drive just isnt working. Also tried one of those cleaning CD's but has made no difference.

Looked this problem up on the net and apparently its a faulty drive so the question is do I take it back to the shop or ring MS to pick it up and get a dodgy refurb? :(
[/SIZE]

Fabia vRS
if you've only had it a few days then i'd take it back to the shop and make a big fuss if they say they won't swop it.

btw, i got your friend request and accepted it.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Thanks Adam.

Had the console since about last October/November. I bought it from GAME in Reading and might take it back tomorrow night. Will I lose all my game saves/achievements?

Fabia vRS
if you've had it that long then game won't take it back, you will need to do it through microsoft. u won't lose game saves if u send it back to microsoft cos they only take the console and not the hard disk.

Inferno 182
mine packed up after about 4 months,rang MS and they gave me a reference number to take to Game to swap for a new one although the shop manager wasn't very happy as they were still in short supply at the time
as yours is so new i would save the hassle and just go back to the shop and say you want a new one as this one has never worked
btw not had any problems since and its a great machine
sorry just read your LIVE is new not the console and yeah if you go to game they want the whole lot so you will lose your saves

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Ah ok, I will ring MS tomorrow and get them to sort it. Pretty annoyed about it though as I had a couple of games lined up with people tonight.
And me and Bloor were going to do GOW on insane :(

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Ok, will ring GAME first (I do remember the girl in the shop saying if there were any problems to take it back) and if they say no on the phone, I will save the hassle of trekking into town and ring MS. What a pain in the arse!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
get a ps3, they don't do rings of death, and i havn't heard os a single error with any of them (jap n usa)

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Had it for about 6 months I think. Going to phone MS tomorrow.

A few mins ago I tried it again and it started to load up Test Drive but then just froze. Tried it again and same problem... argh!!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
s**t dude unlucky. I bought my 2nd hand from Turismo on here, and its been fine. Guess you win some/lose some. On the plus side, PS3 comes on Friday so if it does pack up I'll still have something to kick ass on. :D

Monaro VXR
get a ps3, they don't do rings of death, and i havn't heard os a single error with any of them (jap n usa)

Obviously not read half the threads on here then where overheating issues etc were brought up with them. Still consoles fail it happens. Look at the PS2 the first version the dvd drives like to pack up it happens with all consoles. My mates wii packed up the other week as well.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Obviously not read half the threads on here then where overheating issues etc were brought up with them. Still consoles fail it happens. Look at the PS2 the first version the dvd drives like to pack up it happens with all consoles. My mates wii packed up the other week as well.
all the overheating is 360 not ps3, only about 2 people on here have ps3's and i haven't heard of a fault yet.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Sadly for me, if that had happened to my Xbox360, I dont think I'd be able to take it back to the shop, as it would be in several pieces under my foot.

What a liberty. You pay good money for something and it screws you over. If you get close enough to it when you put your discs in, check to hear if its laughing at you. Little white box of funk.

Good luck dude.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Yeah sorry about that Guy, must have been driving everyone crazy the amount of times I kept signing in. In the end I pulled my wireless adapter out so I didnt keep signing into Live.

Scutch - Yeah I got quite angry with it and was tempted to smash it against the wall! They are quite expensive and for it to break after not much use is quite annoying. Going to call them tonight if I have time or tomorrow night.

I will let you know how I get on as I think this will probably happen to other people! :(

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not sure what you've done so far mate.

BUT.

Warranty issues.

The shop you bought it from MUST exchange or refund (if an exchange isn't possible) the item if it breaks within the first year. There are different periods this is valid for but most electronic equipment are currently 1 year.

If they don't, they're breaking the Sales of Goods act.

The problem here, is if they let you keep your hard drive and just take a new machine, then you will LOSE your save games, when you recover your gamertag you'll recover achievement points etc but you can't get your save games back.

Also, if you change Xbox console, and then at a later date, purchase a new gamertag, you won't be able to play your PAID FOR arcade games unless you use the gamertag you used to sign up.

To sum it up, You're using XBox1 with Hard-drive1 and Gamertag1, you buy Geometry Wars. Your xbox breaks and you get Xbox2 and use Harddrive1. Geometry Wars will still be playable with achievements and scoreboards as long as you use Gamertag1. If you add a live account and get Gamertag2, you won't be able to gain achievements by playing Geometry wars whilst playing on Xbox2 (you would be able to on Xbox1).

Your purchases are linked to your gamertag, they are valid for all gamertags as long as you're using the same hard-drive and xbox.

It's to prevent fraud, and the way round it for warranty work is to send the Xbox to microsoft.

If they need to replace the Xbox, they'll transfer the serial number, so you can still enjoy that right.

BTW, when you call Xbox for the first time, say you bought the Xbox a week ago. That gives you a year's warranty from that date.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Bloooor - I know its hard! And you won't be able to complete it without my help ;) haha

cliokhunt - Thanks for the info, I was tempted to take it back to the shop but its a mission to take it back as its not local and I am working all week and then away in Scotland at the weekend. Going to call MS when I get home but only have about 30mins free then off out.
I so need to get this sorted, I am having withdrawel symptoms! haha

lol have you got it back yet son! havent played campaign in ages now... might take up nitting or buy a pony... HURRY!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Haha, no not yet :(

I have been away for the last couple of days and was hoping it would be here for when I came back. Lets just hope it comes back this week!

when can you be online? If your not online in the next 15 minutes Im deleting you as my friend and filing a complaint!

Cliosport 172
all the overheating is 360 not ps3, only about 2 people on here have ps3's and i haven't heard of a fault yet.

give it time and they'll start fella we're talking about FONY here you only have to look at the ps1 and ps2 loads of issues with them, what makes the ps3 any different? hopefully it won't be like the ps2 where the cd drives fail after a year when it's out of warranty:dead:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Just over a week and its broken again. And I bought a new game today as well.... stupid f**king thing!

When loading into the actual game where the graphics load it comes up with weird lines all over the screen and it locks/freezes up. Tried on a couple of games and it still happens :(

Civic Si
dude that sucks.

microsoft have had my 360 for a week.
hopefully fingers crossed all is well when i get it back.

Cup 172
Just over a week and its broken again. And I bought a new game today as well.... stupid f**king thing!

When loading into the actual game where the graphics load it comes up with weird lines all over the screen and it locks/freezes up. Tried on a couple of games and it still happens :(

did you ever flash the firmware on the dvd drive? because i got that "please put this disk into an xbox 360 to play" crap when gears of war wouldnt work with that particular flash, so i had to upgrade...

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

did you ever flash the firmware on the dvd drive? because i got that "please put this disk into an xbox 360 to play" crap when gears of war wouldnt work with that particular flash, so i had to upgrade...

Nope never touched it.

That problem is now sorted, I have a new even more annoying problem with it now. Its going to have to go back again!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
And now it has the 3 red lights :(

I am so tempted to get rid of the stupid thing now.

ahh man Im gutted for you so much! Is it worth waiting for the new one and trying to blad one of them saying how sh*te the old ones are SO GIVE ME A NEW ONE! lol