ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon bulb holder help needed!!

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Just changed my sidelights back to white for the MOT on thursday (wouldn't let me get away with blue ones).

Whilst doing the drivers side I thought it looked a slightly different unit and ended up undoing the back of the xenon block by mistake (the one you 1/4 twist). I realised it was the wrong one and twisted it back into place but now the xenon won't come back on!!

I've noticed a black wire with a very thin plastic rectangular connector on the end is hanging loose at the side of it. Does this have to be plugged in somewhere on the plastic block for the xenon to work? If so where, I can't see crap at this time of day and there's no room whatsoever to feel round it.

Help! I've got to drive to Cardiff first thing tomorrow morning!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually nipped down to Renault but they wouldn't spare any of the service guys to help me out. They said they had to get their jobs finished for the end of the day and were too busy, and I'd need to book it in. Surely it'd only take a minute to have a quick look to see if it was something simple like not twisted back in correctly FFS!!??

172 cup'd extreme
yeah i remember when i bought my xeon units the lamp wouldnt come on the thin black wire needs to be attached somewhere but i cant remember where have a fiddle see if you can get it to blast

Volvo S60 T5
Take the the Xexon bulb holder out, the bulb should stay in place, have a look at the holder and you will see were the wire goes, they are fiddly but if you know the position to put it back in it helps loads.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Thankyou!!

Didn't realise you could take the holder out completely. Will have a bash at this tomorrow.