ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Conversion kits for full beam? Help?

2001 Renault Clio
Hello,

I know this may sound a bit of a stupid question, but I have owned my little Clio for about 3 years now and have recently changed the headlights to Projector headlights with the halo's like the BMW's have, anyways a few months back I fitted to the dipped beam a 6000k Xenon kit and I was wondering about changing the main beam stock bulbs for a 8k Xenon kit.

Would this be possible/a smart thing to do? I have seen on another thread about someone suggesting "Osram Nightbreakers" for the full beam, but I don't have a clue, Could anyone help me out with a few pointers.

Thanks in advance,

P.S if it helps out at all, my Clio is a 2001 (Y) Mk2 Phase 2 (The facelift model) Thanks :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
In short, No.
In long, Nooooooooooooooooo.

Using HIDs in short bursts (typical high beam use) kills them fairly quickly. Plus they take a while to warm up so you won't be getting full brightness for most of that use anyway.

You've already seen what I'd recommend - OSRAM Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs, whilst not blue, will penetrate (fnarr fnarr) for miles, and make a really good backup to the dipped beam, to give you the best performance.

2001 Renault Clio
Hi their McGherkin,

Thanks for your reply, ill get them instead, oh by the way is their much difference between say Osram and say Phillips bulbs? both say they light up the road better then others but do you/anyone have any experience with the difference between the two?

Thanks.

Edit:

Just searching the interwebs, Ive come across these from my local Euro Car Parts;
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...s/upgrade-headlamp-bulbs/?48177022C&0&cc5_847

Now would these be the same or better then the Nightbreakers?