ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon headlight movement

Clio 182
Hi all,

Noticed my headlight beam looked a tad low so pushed the headlight bulb slightly but this caused the whole unit to drop and now just wobbles about :(
The other side also seems to move about a lot side to side and down, are they both knackered or should there be some movement?

Thanks

Clio 182
I haven't tried that, it's the whole section inside the headlight unit the projector and main beam section

There's a plastic ball socket inside, towards the front middle, so it can pivot up and down, if you take the light out and peer through the holes with the bulbs out you should be able to see the socket, you have to get your fingers through the holes of the reflector unit and try and pop it back on. This is all after you've taken the headlight adjuster out. Fairly simple when your looking at it on a bench.

Clio 182
Thanks, I have Found the issue the adjuster has snapped, is this a case of new headlight or can the adjuster be bought on its own?

Attachments

• IMG_20150609_181114.jpg
    IMG_20150609_181114.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 55

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Cant be bought on its own unfortunately. You might be looking at a new xenon light unit.
When people post Xenons that is the first thing that breaks in transit. Annoyingly all other manufacturers - BMW etc have alloy replacement pieces on ebay but not renault.

Clio 182
Damn that's a pain as both lights have actually broken :( guessing thats not a cheap replacement light from Renault

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
replacement light are going to run you over a £100 - do not have them sent in the post if you do buy some as you know how delicate those adjusters are.

What I would do is take apart the headlight and see if you can retrieve both bits of the adjuster. Find someone to 3d print 20 - 30 of them and sell them on here for a profit. Or even better get some cast in aluminium.

182 Trophy
The adjusters are the same as the normal halogen units. The cheapest possible fix would be to try and get a set of standard headlight units from a breaker off any mk2 Clio and swop them over. It's a very fiddly job but should only cost £20or so.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Mine snapped in the post too. Shouldn't be a problem though it's the dipping up and down beam that really makes a difference as long as those haven't broken you'll be fine I'd imagine.

My ham-fisted hands broke the plastic adjuster in my driver's side light and after reading comments on here I just opted for a new light unit.. with discount it was £230 with no bulbs, ballast etc from my local stealer. It took them 3 attempts to get me one that was intact too! The first two units the adjusters had broken in transit.... very delicate items!