ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon healights abroad

Dirty E91

Has anyone taken there 172/182 over the channel? Wondering how easy it is to adjust the headlight for the driving on the wrong side.

[Edited by martynh on 18 May 2004 at 4:48pm]

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

What are you supposed to do with xenons? do you have to stick them black stickers on like with normal headlights??

My vectra just has a lever you flip under the bonnet at the back of the lights to adjust for RHD to LHD.

Clio probably the same but will have to wail til it arrives to confirm

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

xenon lights normally have a lever on the rear of the headlight itself to change the beam pattern to left hand drive. i know the latest laguna and espace have them but id have to have a look at a clio to be defo sure they have as well.

Ford Fiesta

well Id be interested to hear if they do, does it not say in the manual? or am I the only one that actually reads manual cover to cover lol

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the manuals arent that up to date so that may not be in. its not in the espace or laguna manual and they defo have got it.

Dirty E91

Onlly reason I asked was i read about a guy in auto express that got charged when he needed to have his xenon lights on his focus changed over for driving on the continent, in the region of £200 I think!

Hope there is a lever at the back of the lights!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Theres no lever that Ive seen, and you get pretty intimate with your headlights when you fit bluevision sidelight bulbs...

Dirty E91

Picked up my 182 on saturday - hurrah!- and asked the sales guy, apparently theres a kit you can get from the parts department at your dealer ship. Didnt say how much though.

I drove down to the French GP a couple of years ago in my 172, I drove through the night, wasnt flashed once! I wouldnt bother with the lights, ulless the lever is there...