ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon help!

Clio 172
hey guys im kinda new, just baught mu 172 and one of my xenon bulbs have stopped working.

also ive got a leeky headlight water shooter!

If anyone can give me some help to fix these problems it would be much appreciated!

Monds

BMW M135i
Headlight is either Bulb or the Ballast, the headlight washer will need replacing.

Test the light with the bulb from the opposite side to see if its the bulb.

BMW M135i
Washer is a bumper off job and there about £10 from Renault iirc, theres a locking nut on the back of the bumper you'll need to get off.

Changing a xenon bulb is also a bumper off job because theres not enough room to get the ballast off and the bulb out. So whilst the bumpers off you can unbolt the cluster and pull it forward for access.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Hi mate - sorry to Hijack ya thread but I have exactly the same problem on both accounts.

Guy at our local motor spare shop said it would cost me £70 just for the bulb WTF???...

Please could someone advise which bulb to get??...

My washer is intermitent, some days its okay - other days its pi55in water all over...

Cheers
C

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
Pay attention to water in the Xenon headlights!! Had the same problem and caused a short circuit with alternator damage! They fixed it under warranty

BMW M135i
Hi mate - sorry to Hijack ya thread but I have exactly the same problem on both accounts.

Guy at our local motor spare shop said it would cost me £70 just for the bulb WTF???...

Please could someone advise which bulb to get??...

My washer is intermitent, some days its okay - other days its pi55in water all over...

Cheers
C

Yup, as said you need a D2S HID bulb, £70 is about the going rate. Mine have Osram Zenarc bulbs in them and i've seen them for circa 70 notes on the net.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Cheers fella's..

My lenses keep steaming up too, then condenses, as you can imagine - makes them look knackered!... cant see where the water is getting in though, I stuck the vaccum in and sucked it all out once but it got back in....

Thought they would be sealed somehow....

C

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
Look at my previous post. +- 50£ for a pair. My friend drives them for over a year without any problem.

I had 3 pairs replaced in 2 months under warranty (from dealer)