ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Issues

ValverInBits
So one of my xenons stopped working last night after hitting a pretty big puddle.

Heres the story
Hit Puddle
Pretty sure xenon went out almost imediately after
Pulled up at home, realised that the glass is misted up, clearly small amount of moisture inside:S
Tried the light again this morning, It worked :D
......for 15 seconds. :mad:

Light is still misted.

Question is, are the bulbs like normal bulbs? Ie, can I tell if it's blown by looking at it or are they made of xenon witchcraft?
I've probably done the ballast havent I? It's not just a case of taking the ballast inside for a dry?

ValverInBits
I'll try that tonight, hopefully it'll do the trick. Not too confident though.

It's my own fault for not getting a new wheel arch liner quick enough. that'll "learn" me

S4 Avant
I had this exact same problem a week ago, solved mine by taking the starter (I think) off, and putting it back on, think the green wire that plugs into it, is very tempremental and that was what had come out.

ValverInBits
lets get things straight

Ballast
Starter
Amplifier

These are ALL the same bloody thing arent they?

Glanza
ballast and starter are two different things........ballast is underneath, charger is on back of bulb

rkellywtfio8.gif

meh

ballast and starter are two different things........ballast is underneath, STARTER is on back of bulb

w/e....musnt have been concentrating :)

ValverInBits
Took the light off. Dried it out nicely inside. Found water in the ballast pack connector :( Dried all that.

refitted. "Swing and a miss" :(

Need new ballast as bulb looks fine. Puddles FTL