ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon light failure

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
my n/s headlamp went very yellow then went off, everytime i turned them on the flicked on then off now nothing at all.

Any ideas please chaps?

BMW M135i
Bulb dead ? The oems (at least mine are) are Osram Xenarc bulbs, think there about £90 from the stealers but i've seen them on the net somewhere for about 60 notes.

Mégane RS
happened to mine but never went off, maybe theres a loose connection or bad earthing or something

Da

Less
depends which part Alan, the lamps are a wear and tear item surely, but the chargers and ballasts should be covered along with the actual headlight.

ST
Ah ok so if my bulbs fail i'll have to shell out??

Is it possible to upgrade the bulbs to make them a little brighter and project a bit further??

Da

Less
you can buy a different rating of lamp, but that will just change the colour. The K rating refers to what temperature the light is emitted at and what 'colour' the light will appear. Iirc the higher the K rating, the closer to daylight it will be. As for projecting further, this is down to the Hella projector built into the Xenon headlight. You can manually adjust this from inside the engine bay but that will just raise the beam. Is your car lowered mate?

If the lamp goes you will need new ones, the ballast and starter packs are covered in the warranty.

A new lamp is not much off ebay, D2R i think they are 4300K

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
UPDATE.....................

Thanks for the replys, i pulled the bulb out to have a look and it has blown, its got a hairline crack inside, so i replaced the buld and thought it was sorted but after a while it starts to go off like a strobe light

Any ideas? :mad:

Maz

LY 200
I was told by a dealer today that the xenon bulbs are meant to last forever .. lol

My driverside went and now my pas side has .. luckly I sill have warranty left.. would be good to find out what the real story is with these as £90 for a bulb is robbery.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Tom RT said:
You tried taking the control units off the back and leaving them on a radiator overnight?

Do these units suffer water ingress????

saying that had terrible rain recently.

Anychance that the amplifiers would play up?

CB600FS
Yeah they do especially on earlier Lag2's with Xenons.

Try it if you get the chance sometimes does the trick. If they've gone around the same time, doubt its the bulb (the chances of them both going)

Mine started to flicker a couple of months ago (when we had all that rain) and left them on the radiator at work overnight, never played up since.

Black Mk2 172
This happened to me, took it to renault and they replaced the ballast unit under warranty, would cost about £150 otherwise.

Mégane RS
Hairline crack doesnt sound good lol, xenons dont last forever and loose brightness with lots of hours of usage, just get some phillips 4,300k D2S off ebay, same ones in the clio's