ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Light Problem

Renault Clio 182
First of all, Hi there, nice to meet you all!:cool:

I've had my 2004 182 for a few months now, and the o/s xenon light was flickering a few week ago and decided to stop working altogether shortly after. Today i have removed the headlight and put a new bulb in but still no light.

I tried the bulb in the other headlight and it worked fine so i have swapped parts back and forth until i found the problem. It seems that the module that is bolted to the bottom of the headlight unit is broken/not working. My question is, can i buy this part seperately and if so, is there anyone cheaper than the dealers?

Any Help much appreciated! Thanks
Steve

Da

Less
Yes you can buy the ballast seperately. They are expensive from a dealer but often come up second hand on here/eBay so it's just a case of keeping a look out really.

There is also the aftermarket option, but personally I'd try and avoid that route for now...

Oh and welcome to ClioSport :)

Renault Clio 182
Ah, thanks and, thanks! :approve:
I guess i may have to resort to buying a new one from Renault then because my MOT is imminent, so the technical word is ballast? I thought thats what the unit was attached to the back of the bulb. Shows what i know............

Da

Less
Yeah it's a ballast, the rectangle metal unit bolted to the base of the light.

Click me

The black box attached to the 'bulb' is the starter/ignitor. The term used varies, but it's function is the same :)

renault clio 1.2 16v
hey there just thoguht id let you know i have a set of 8k hid conversion kit £53.00 from hiddirect.com if any use, comes with wiring, ballast pack and the bulbs, and 2 brackets for ballasts to fix to.

nik

Renault Clio 182
Thanks for help, i've managed to locate a OE one on Ebay for £70inc postage and it's apparently new, so fingers crossed.

182 ff
^^^^^^ f**k me mine cost 153.43 from reno and then 2 weeks later someone was selling 5 on here each for 30 nicker !!livid i tell ya lol