ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon lights

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

are they much brighter loony? ive only ever had normal ones, this will be my first car with xenons, whats your opinion of em? is the colour of the light much different on the road?

the light cast is much whiter and more like daylight, the beam spread is alot wider and better. Basically the visibility is far better than the usual halogen lamps. i wouldnt go back after having had them. Whenever i drive a car without them i notice how poor the lights are. youll be impressed trust me

They use loads less energy, they run alot cooler as well, they also have that really good looking purple tint to them. They are miles better the halogen lights.

Yaris Hybrid

They do look blue-ish which impresses chavs but in reality when going down a dark country lane or whatever they make sod all difference.

Sorry but to my eyes I just cant tell the difference.

Must agree with loony i would not go back to normal lights apart from when i drive my astra . Find i dont use my main beam as much either

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 29 October 2004

They do look blue-ish which impresses chavs but in reality when going down a dark country lane or whatever they make sod all difference.
I disagree,they make a much bigger difference.I have 2 cars,xenons on my 182 and normal on my other car.I live out in the country and drive through dark country lanes all the time and the xenons are far superior.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 29 October 2004

Sorry but to my eyes I just cant tell the difference.
So much bitterness. LOL

There is a noticable difference. Having driven the odd bargain 172 recently its obviously when you dont have xenon headlamps. As loony says, the light they produce if far whiter and more like daylight. They have a nice wide spread without it being as obvious as with standard headlights. Distance wise I dont think they project any further, its just the clarity they offer.

i regularly drive out to a mates house who lives in a nearby village down crappy country lanes and have done the journey in my car and another non xenon equipped car on consecutive nights and the difference is definately very noticeable

Can you dip the xenon lights on a 182... Dont know if its just me but I find alot of people flash me when Im driving towards them!

Quote: Originally posted by Doigy on 29 October 2004
Can you dip the xenon lights on a 182... Dont know if its just me but I find alot of people flash me when Im driving towards them!

they are auto leveling.

Ford Fiesta

people flash me sometimes too. Who cares they are right cos they auto level.

I notice a huge difference between xenons and halogen. They are soo so much better.

Always get people flashing as the lights are that little bit brighter - they soon stop when I put my main beem on just to show them it wasnt on in the first place....

Ford Fiesta

not really, probably used to but xenons more common these days arnt they.

Take it they used to do it cos of the blue "flashing" of the xenons not just because they were a different colour?

Quote: Originally posted by Topper182 on 29 October 2004

Do you find people slow down when you come up behind them because they think you are the police ...
Yes! And Ive been flashed a few times (no t!ts yet - shame!)

I will quite happily follow a Nova for a couple of miles purely because he slows down to 29 mph!!

Im not certain but I dont think that full beam is xenon? Therefore country road driving doesnt make a lot of difference. I may be wrong.

Ford Fiesta

some are xenon for main and dip, not the clios though. If you look at the headlamp set up you have a H1 bulb for the main beam, (not a bad bulb in itself) still well worth putting full beam on on dark unlit road. Especially if you change this to a higher spec bulb too.

I constantly get flashed from people with the zenons on my 182. At 1st I got all paranoid but now I dont even bother about it.

As for a difference I have to agree with the majority here and say zenons are a hell of alot better, they give off a brilliant white colour compared to normal crappy halogen bulbs.

The thing I love most is when you 1st turn them on at night, as its an awesome blue colour for half a second then it fades str8 to that almost daylight shade of white, but still got that blue tinge around the edges. Which shows up even more against the reflection on roadsigns than anything.