ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon replacement lens after oven baking lol

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Hi all
After a brain wave (not the best) i decided to put my headlight in the oven to split the lens from the back, all i wanted to do was paint the grey insert as well as some of the reflective black.
so after pre heating the oven on gas mark 4 i put the headlight in for 5 min once i removed it i noticed it had deformed, ok not clever but that's part of modifying i guest trail and error.
Even though i put it in the oven and it deformed, the lens was not budging and as i was f*cked i attacked it with a dremel :) here is the pics after splitting.
3aec0e0a.gif
87e117ad.gif

16526616.gif

6683bbbf.gif

After removing the gubbins i began to wonder if i could get replacement lenses so i checked my headlight lens with CAF and realised that it was a std lens.
ce6b732a.gif

9446f4f3.gif

Iv'e done some searching on here but everybody's saying it will be easier to replace the hole headlight than the lens but with doing this i'll still have the boring grey/black insert so don't mind the time and effort to replace the lens to have something unique, does anybody know where i can get just the lenses?.

Thanks in advance for any comments