ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Side Lights

RS 200
Yes, 99p + 1.99 P&P.

I have Philips Bluevision side lights on mine, freshen up the look at the front when the Xenons are on.
Don't be expecting any brilliant lighting from them though, as they have said they are Xenons in the title, its only the blue stain on the bulb that gives it a blue look to what would any other time be a normal sidelight bulb.

My bluevisions: http://s130967247.websitehome.co.uk/clio/clio_bluevisions/

Chris

TELFORDS_LURK said:
Yes, 99p + 1.99 P&P.

I have Philips Bluevision side lights on mine, freshen up the look at the front when the Xenons are on.
Don't be expecting any brilliant lighting from them though, as they have said they are Xenons in the title, its only the blue stain on the bulb that gives it a blue look to what would any other time be a normal sidelight bulb.

My bluevisions: http://s130967247.websitehome.co.uk/clio/clio_bluevisions/

Chris

Hi there,

I have a 172 mk2 and would like to change the sidelights to bluevision as i have xenons. Do the bluevision look as white as the xenons or can you still see a tiny bit of yellow?

Cheers,
Kenn.

RS 200
k3nnis said:
Hi there,

I have a 172 mk2 and would like to change the sidelights to bluevision as i have xenons. Do the bluevision look as white as the xenons or can you still see a tiny bit of yellow?

Cheers,
Kenn.

They dont look as brilliantly as white / blue compared the xenons, which isn't surprising, probably because they dont have the power but the main point is they dont look yellow like the standard OEM bulbs did, which was the main objective of putting them in.

When the bulbs are'nt being used theres also a little bit of a blue reflection in the cluster, which can just be seen in this picture:

DSC_0029.jpg

Great bulbs though, did mine in a pack as the sidelights came free when I bought the main beam H7's.

Chris

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Cheers Chris

Got some BlueVisions coming in a couple of days.
Got them for £4.. can't complain.

Do you know if you can get rid of the Orange shine from the indicator bulb?

RS 200
Nez said:
Cheers Chris

Got some BlueVisions coming in a couple of days.
Got them for £4.. can't complain.

Do you know if you can get rid of the Orange shine from the indicator bulb?

There are 3 main bulbs you can go for in regards to indicators.

1. The Philips SilverVision (which I have) seen below:

07_SV_installed2.jpg

2. The Osram Diadem which have a blue tinge, seen below:

DSC_0053.jpg

3. The Silvertec indicator bulb

silvatec.jpg

Both the Philips SilverVisons and Osram Diadems can be purchased from PowerBulbs, the same as the BlueVisions. The Silvatec bulbs can be got from K-TecRacing - http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1414 .

Alot of people prefer the Silvatec bulbs but I've heard they are no way near as bright as the SilverVisions when in use.

Chris

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
The Osram Diadem look sound, you can still see the orange with the Philips ones. Think the Silvatec ones will look best in my Titainum Silver, hardly ever use my indicators so the brightness should'nt matter... LOL.

Thanks for your help Chris.

Tangoed Works
These are my Piaa ones during the day, they add no other tinge when off, just a crisp blue white light approx 4500k when on.
piaaclose.jpg

BMW 320d SE
Right. I'm trying to fit my white LED sidelight bulbs in my 182, but I'm having a fair old struggle trying to get my hands in to twist the bulb holder, in order to remove it and replace the bulb. Anyone got any fitting tips?

RS 200
Karlos69 said:
Right. I'm trying to fit my white LED sidelight bulbs in my 182, but I'm having a fair old struggle trying to get my hands in to twist the bulb holder, in order to remove it and replace the bulb. Anyone got any fitting tips?

I found it easier to take the Full Beam bulb out first, gives you a little more space to get your fingers / small pliers in to get a grip on the bulb holder.

Chris

Da

Less
Karlos69 said:
Just pull them, don't try and twist if you can't get to them properly. They will just pull out.

BMW 320d SE
Ok I'll give that a go this evening. It's just so hard to get your hand in, especially on the offside, with that air-con pipe in the way! :mad:

yeah, total pain the ass with big hands... i eventually resorted to pulling hard on the cables! (not advisable, i was going insane by this point). The hardest thing is getting the bulb into the holder with one hand! I dropped mine and had to take the wheel arch liner out to get the bulb back! On the plus side the passenger side is EASY!

BMW 320d SE
Right. I've just given it another go, but pulling the bulb holder doesn't seem to be working, and I really don't want to break anything!

Megane225FF
get a pair of long nose pliers round the cable & pull toward you, the holder should come out just enough to get the bulb out, change bulb, test it 1st, make sure it works, pop it all back in place.