ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons on a Dynamique?

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
alright guys,lookin to upgrage my headlights,where can i get the whole xenon headlight units that are originally on the cup and how much ya reckon?pics of the xenons in action would be good thanks!

VRS
u dont get xenons on the cup matey just the full fat, u will need headlight washers as well cos apparently its the law to have them with xenons! i think you are looking at around 500-1000 quid for a set of xenon headlights

i would pm matt black as he is a renault breaker and will probably be able to do you a good deal

Turbos.
Well according to another thread you can get xenon bulbs for under £100 and you don't need washers for aftermarket fitments...

It was a dood with a valver (i think).

E60 diesel powah
mine on my dynamique :)

DSC08189.jpg

VRS
cliobuyer said:
Well according to another thread you can get xenon bulbs for under £100 and you don't need washers for aftermarket fitments...

It was a dood with a valver (i think).

yeah but these aint proper xenons!!!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
can u fit those headlighs with standard bulbs in??

saw a 1.2 16v 5 door today, has gay renault option alloys on and lexus lights,
lights werent on i just noticed the globe type things in the headlights!!!

www.renparts.co.uk
Yeh they were an option, think they were loads extra like 1k, thats because if theyre factory fitted they come with auto levveling with a sensor on the rear arm so when you go over a bump you don't blind people. If your retro fitting them you will need the headlamps and ballasts though. If you were going to do it properly you could buy the rear end off a full fat 1*2. I imagine this will run into mega bucks though. Its not a legal requirement for the washers unless theyre factory fit i believe, but the auto levveling is a legal requirement. However i suppose you can get away with this easier as you could claim you werent aware of the fault, ive heard they become faulty on a lot of factory fitted ones anyway.
thanks
josh

makavelli said:
yeah but these aint proper xenons!!!

errr yes they are..but 200 quid not 100 quid.

you buy HID (xenon) conversion kits to convert the original clio dipped into a HID bulb.. and it will be alot brighter than a 182.. i bet a 10'er on it, as it wont be behind a poxy projector lense.

trust me.. ive had a set in my old 106 and they were alot brighter than my 182 lights..

VRS
GuyS said:
errr yes they are..but 200 quid not 100 quid.

you buy HID (xenon) conversion kits to convert the original clio dipped into a HID bulb.. and it will be alot brighter than a 182.. i bet a 10'er on it, as it wont be behind a poxy projector lense.

trust me.. ive had a set in my old 106 and they were alot brighter than my 182 lights..

:rasp:

i meant not proper as in full unit, they are just bulbs aint they

how can they not be 'proper'?? they have ballasts and a HID bulb..

theyre a conversion kit. they just dont have the big gay projector lense, they use your existing light housing and replace the bulb. you locate the ballasts behind in the wing somewhere:

New%20lights%202.jpg

New%20lights1.jpg

x5kitsall.jpg

prob work out about 160sh nowadays depending on exchange rate..

alot cheaper than buying the ''proper'' 182 units

and f**k the autolevelling thing and washer jets, i never had it never had any problems, and two of my mates with same kits never had any problems. think it just applies to factory fit cars.

VRS
GuyS said:
how can they not be 'proper'?? they have ballasts and a HID bulb..

theyre a conversion kit. they just dont have the big gay projector lense, they use your existing light housing and replace the bulb. you locate the ballasts behind in the wing somewhere:

New%20lights%202.jpg

New%20lights1.jpg

i aint arguing the matter, i know what your saying is right, i was responding to the quote saying you could get xenons for under 100 quid!!!!!

:rolleyes:

mine were just short of 200 quid from america.. can buy fake xenon bulbs for 15 quid off ebay though that are just normal halogen filament bulbs with a bit of xenon gas in them.. lol

i was dissapointed with the 182's xenons after moving from them beasts pictured above^

VRS
GuyS said:
mine were just short of 200 quid from america.. can buy fake xenon bulbs for 15 quid off ebay though that are just normal halogen filament bulbs with a bit of xenon gas in them.. lol

i was dissapointed with the 182's xenons after moving from them beasts pictured above^

seeing as you know a bit about em then, would there be any way of increasing the power/brightness of the 182 xenons?

doubt it..

did you know the hid conversions actually run at LESS power than standard halogen bulbs?? theyre only 35w as opposed to 55w'ish

and they take like 20, 000 v's to start them.

think the reason the 182 ones arent as bright is because of that stupid projector lense.

if you look at some of the earlier mercs that have just normal old style lights with the xenon bulbs in - like my 106 was, they look alot brighter.

182 ones give a better visual appearance though the way they flicker and shine very purpley etc.

my conversion kit on the 106 was just a real sharp white/blue retina burning colour.

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
GuyS said:
a pic in daylight, shows how bright they are:

058.jpg

Alright mate,so would you recommend these HID xenon conversion kits rather than buying the whole 182 units? can ya send me some pics of them on ya old car?