ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons ON, during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Xenons = high roller status, until everyone see's they are attached to a Clio

clio
It's definitely not for safety because you're less visable with your lights on...

There's a difference between "less visable" and "no more visable". The same as there is a difference between saying yes and not saying no.

"increase" is not the same as "not decrease.." Etc etc

Last edited:
  clio
Difficult to prove whether it's actually any safer or not, I guess. Difficult to quantify accidents that haven't happened, or that a car is more conspicuous with low beam lights on in bright sunlight. I'm not sure, and my opinion stands that if people haven't seen your car it's because they haven't looked, not because the ton of metal driving along the road at speed hasn't got its lights on.

There does seem to be a bunch of people jumping on the safety bandwagon when, if they're honest, they roll with their xenons blazing because they're so frickin' cool. LOL

+1

AG 200
I used to roll with the xenons on in the 197 constantly , mainly because in my head I was absolute zero cool and every chick wanted me deep inside. Then I got the 200 which doesn't have the option of xenons and came equipped instead with candles as headlights. I therefore opted for green paint to attract the honeys , however this seems to have backfired as I only get attention from Michael Schumacher juniors in saxos, none of which have top b0ll0cks.

I used to drive a Racing Blue 182 with a Janspeed supersport exhaust.
I didn't bother with the xenons in the daytime as lets be honest, if you can't see and hear a bright blue car with a loud exhaust then what difference do lights make!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
On the way home today, 22 degrees of sunshine, not one person with the headlights on (bar a few DRL cars)

How many of you would have still had your lights on?

Again this morning, nothing bud DRLs. Cloudly overcast weather.

Was tempted to stick mine on though :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This thread should be stickied as an example of retardation on the internet.

How anyone can think no lights produce the same visibility as lights on is beyond me!

Listerine & Poledo
Better start driving around with the hazards and fogs on for good measure by the read of how this has gone.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed 24000k hids and never been beam set = you're a dick and I nearly crashed.

I run 6000k's and they have a perfect beam pattern. It's not exactly hard to set them up ffs!

I think the point that the retards are failing to grasp is the "IF" in the logic.

IF having your lights on, that one time, makes the difference between that one driver, that one time, seeing you and not pulling out, or pulling out and killing you, then it was worth having them on. Therefore it's worth having them on all the time. It costs nothing and MIGHT save your life one day. The logic is so simple that even a new born baby could understand it.

Turbos.
People run xenons to look baller, end of. The legitimate excuse is that it has safety benefits, albeit marginal ones on your average day in an average car. When i had my VX220 people would just pull out in front of me because they didn't 'see' me, although the reality is they didn't register the car as it wasn't a normal car shape. When i started turning my lights on, it stopped happening.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I did it on my last puma with pauper headlights...

Boom arguement pwned!

There's absolutely no doubt that some people with xenons do this because it's "baller". They are still safer though so that counter argument is blown clean out the water with a 20 megaton torpedo. BOOM!!!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Where is the argument? I never said it wasn't safer. I just said unfortunatley a lot of people do it for the "I've got xenons" factor, rather than the safety factor.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I'd rather "risk" my safety and not look like a **** than drive around with my lights on.

That said, 2 years on the road, no accidents. Mainly silver cars too. Hmm.

This thread is stupidly f**king gay.

You look like an **** for having your lights on during the day? Yeah massive dent in your street cred. Who actually drives round calling people naughty names because they have their lights on?

TBH if i saw this car on the road, lights on or not, i'd say they were a proper turnout.

5803211927_5559489390_b.jpg

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
This thread is stupidly f**king gay.

You look like an **** for having your lights on during the day? Yeah massive dent in your street cred. Who actually drives round calling people naughty names because they have their lights on?

TBH if i saw this car on the road, lights on or not, i'd say they were a proper turnout.

5803211927_5559489390_b.jpg

Why?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Are those front lights tinted?

On mine? No, the inners have been smoked...

The car as it is now is pretty much how I bought it, I have plans for it, to go more OEM like I've done with all my cars.

Keep an eye on my project thread :)

I'll be at CSS too if anyone wants to bring some gloves and a ring ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.