ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons playing up... bit odd

BMW M3
My passenger side xenon sometimes doesnt go on. Ive fiddled with all the wiring and it doesnt make a difference. But if i turn my engine off and on again, then lights on again it does work. What the duce is going on here then ?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Watch, I had these then it went out completly and a new cost of bulb from renault - £220.

I have a new bulb which I got for £50, but is waiting to be fitted.

BMW M3
Whats a ballast resistor then ?

Its still working off and on and has been for the last 3 weeks. Cant really shed out 200-300 quid just yet on a fault but its so annoying !

Good timing too as the warranty has just run out.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Go to dealership, if they won't do it under warranty worth writing to Renault UK, you might get lucky with a goodwill claim

RB 200 Cup!
this happens to me sometime

garage i bought my car from gave me a 3 mknth warranty which expires on 1st Dec

might get my arse down there

BMW M3
Surely if its this resistor, then no matter now fancy.... its just a resistor and cant be £270 ?

Ill try get if for free at renault but would imagin if i when to an independant it would be miles cheaper ?

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I had a problem with my passenger side xenon not coming on at all. I put it in to Renault and they said the "headlight computer" for that xenon was at fault.

One month later, my drivers side one is being very tempramental!

clio 182 + cup packs
Surely if its this resistor, then no matter now fancy.... its just a resistor and cant be £270 ?

Ill try get if for free at renault but would imagin if i when to an independant it would be miles cheaper ?

its not a resister its a complex cercutry which creates a burst (about 100v) of electricty to strike the lamp then it settles down to 12v to run they should last the life of the car so should the lamp and it says this in the manual, if its just out of warranty ring renault uk up and see if they would at least pay half to the part required

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Seems this is a common fault as mine did the same.... then completely went. Changed the bulb, still nothing - noticed I was blowing fuses so Ive had to get a new healight unit which for some stupid reason has changed thus the bulb & starter doesnt even fit!!!.... well f**ked off with it as MOT is due!... :-(