ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons

Do people with Xenons on their clio's (or any car for that matter) find that at night people are more cautious of pulling out in front of you, and even move out of your way on motorways etc even though you're a fair way back?

it seems to me that xenons lights earn you more 'respect' for want of a better word, from some motorists and they act with an air of caution around them?

Clio 182
Do people with Xenons on their clio's (or any car for that matter) find that at night people are more cautious of pulling out in front of you, and even move out of your way on motorways etc even though you're a fair way back?

it seems to me that xenons lights earn you more 'respect' for want of a better word, from some motorists and they act with an air of caution around them?

I find that I can be more aggressive with xenons coming up behind people at night on the motorway and sitting slightly to the side to get them to move over, really seems to work well :evil:

BMW M3
Yeah, i love it lol

They think your either the rozzers or some fat RS4 or M5 flying up the outside lane lol

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
I have noticed that people seem to go slower through the 30's when you follow them at night etc.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
yup its a pain sometimes cz ppl thing if got my main beam on and start flashin lol, but ye it does blind on some angles

silver cup packed FF 182
i have alot of people flash me to say ive got my main beam but i havnt lol,and if you ever have a car com up to you with xenons they do blind you lol!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah, i love it lol

They think your either the rozzers or some fat RS4 or M5 flying up the outside lane lol
thats what i think too, people assume you might be police if sitting behind them on the motorway and move over just in case.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You just associate blue with police. So any blue light that you see will set alarm bells ringing subconciously.

It's not as if police cars have xenons. Infact only the rediculous ones do (Evos and M5s etc), all the rest have dark yellow ones.

Clio 182
Ahh so thats you tailgating then Karen is it eh eh eh !!! tut tut ;)

I don't tailgate as such, but I will be 'agressive' if some r****d is sat in the middle/fast lane when they could move over and I want to get past!

Clio 197
You just associate blue with police. So any blue light that you see will set alarm bells ringing subconciously.

It's not as if police cars have xenons. Infact only the rediculous ones do (Evos and M5s etc), all the rest have dark yellow ones.

Xenons are blue in comparison to std yellowish bulbs... but they're actually closer to white in their colour temperature.

PS Philips' latest +80% H4 bulbs are the dog's danglies. :)

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
who cares a was jus kiddin ill let use all in, in a little sercet about lights... they light up the road and help me to see when the sky gets dark, nuff said

Mercedes C Class Sport

Yeah thats what i was thinking but i reckon some of the volvo motorway fuzz have xenons

Yeah thats what i was thinking but i reckon some of the volvo motorway fuzz have xenons
bac in the day before xenons became standard cop on a fair few cars, they came on the vauxhall omegas, a police favorite! i always slow down wen i c em, well.....so that im bac to the legal limit anyway:D

LY V6 with Recaros
I love my xenons, I do find I get flashed a fair bit by people thinking I'm driving with my full beams in though.

Rsport182Cup'd

I find that I can be more aggressive with xenons coming up behind people at night on the motorway and sitting slightly to the side to get them to move over, really seems to work well :evil:

'Tis oh so true, the old i am a copper routine, nite time xenons, black car, you just need the blue strobes in the grill now;)

ST
I have my Xenons on most of the time...but they look really smart at night when they hit road signs and oncoming traffic lol

Ford Fiesta
is it right they lose some of their rightness over time?

I know they last years and years, doubt many 182 owners have had to get theirs changed yet.

CB600FS
Yeah I reckon they're spot on, never been flashed either, crystal clear. The only ones I hate are the ones on the Disco3's, too high.

Having said that I was doing 120mph, one of those MASSIVE 300C things flew up behind me with them on, absoloutely shat myself, wouldn't of had that effect with standard lights. Anyway I moved over and he took off. All on my private runway naturally.