ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenons

Monaco RS Clio 172
hi

ok, I was just driving back from dropping the missus off and my passenger side dipped beam xenon has gone very 'reddish'.. not quite sure how to describe it really.

it isn't blue anymore, basically, not compared to the other side.

next question.

is this the bulb on it's last legs or is this a problem with the head light unit itself?

after a quick search here I have decided I need D2S replacement bulbs and definately avoid buying from dealers as they are in excess of 100 quid for 2!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

do these look ok? I also realise 4300k is standard and may go for 6000k, not sure yet. although I do not like the idea of compromising amount of light for a bit of extra 'blue' so I may stick with 4300.

just after knowing if this means the head lamp itself is gone or if it is literally a worn / fast dieing bulb and if the ebay ones above are a good replacement.

also understand it is advised to replace both not just one?

not liking the idea of having to remove the front bumper to do this. talk about poor design. :(