ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xeon lights??? HELP Please!!

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Guys

I'm Buying a 182 and leave the 106 owners club for Cliosport!! And I must be stupid as I'm confused about the Xeons which come with the 182. are they HID or just normal Xeons, and if so what will I need to buy In order to get the 8000k HID look. Sorry if this sounds like I am being dumb!! :D

Da

Less
Xenons are HID's, xenon is the type of gas used in the discharge lamp (simply put).

As standard they are 4300k and I run 6000k in my 200. I doubt the 8000k will give off much useable light, but all you need to do is change the xenon lamps from 4300k to 8000k ones.

Have a look on www.hids4u.co.uk - D2S is the lamp type that a 172/182 uses.

Last edited:

Da

Less
Normal tungsten will be yellow-ish, 8000k HID's will be a bluey/white colour and will give off far less useable light than say a 4300k/6000k kit.

The higher the k rating, the closer to 'daylight' the colour is. Whilst that might sound good, daylight is actually no use what so ever for illuminating darkness ;)

Arctic Blue 182 FF
but will 8000k give worse visible light to that of normal lights? If so I will get some 6000k instead

Da

Less
It will be brighter/whiter, but will be less useful, so yes, stick to 6000K in my opinion.