ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xeon lights??? HELP Please!!

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Guys

I'm Buying a 182 and leave the 106 owners club for Cliosport!! And I must be stupid as I'm confused about the Xeons which come with the 182. are they HID or just normal Xeons, and if so what will I need to buy In order to get the 8000k HID look. Sorry if this sounds like I am being dumb!! :D

Da

Less
Xenons are HID's, xenon is the type of gas used in the discharge lamp (simply put).

As standard they are 4300k and I run 6000k in my 200. I doubt the 8000k will give off much useable light, but all you need to do is change the xenon lamps from 4300k to 8000k ones.

Have a look on www.hids4u.co.uk - D2S is the lamp type that a 172/182 uses.

Last edited:

Da

Less
Normal tungsten will be yellow-ish, 8000k HID's will be a bluey/white colour and will give off far less useable light than say a 4300k/6000k kit.

The higher the k rating, the closer to 'daylight' the colour is. Whilst that might sound good, daylight is actually no use what so ever for illuminating darkness ;)

Arctic Blue 182 FF
but will 8000k give worse visible light to that of normal lights? If so I will get some 6000k instead

Da

Less
It will be brighter/whiter, but will be less useful, so yes, stick to 6000K in my opinion.