ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xeons advice?

clio 1.2 16v
im looking into upgrading my mk2 clio lights from standard to xeons but i have no clue all the stupid law behind them and what im looking at to get to fit to my car without the police getttin pissd and pulling me over.
advice on this would be awesome, and maybe pricing / links at places to look at

cheers

Xenons.

You need to buy the projector lenses which were optional with your car when new. This will allow you to fit an HID kit safely without blinding everyone else on the road.
Projector lenses will be around £100 a pair second hand, and about £50 for the HID kit.

You can also get some HID kits that come with projector lenses, this will require you to cut the back of hte stanard headlights or to heat them up and seperate them out in order to retro fit

Prab

Iceberg 172
Just look out for a working, comple set of lights from a 172/182.

That's the easiest option.

But if your car doesn't have washer jets for the lights it's still not 100% legal.