ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xiaomi Yi Action Sport Camera

Yeah, they're very good for the money - a step up from the Mobius imo as they do 1080p60fps.

You can get them cheaper than that from the official retailers, I know BangGood stock them, not sure if they are official or not but pretty sure they're £10 or so cheaper.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Yeah, they're very good for the money - a step up from the Mobius imo as they do 1080p60fps.

You can get them cheaper than that from the official retailers, I know BangGood stock them, not sure if they are official or not but pretty sure they're £10 or so cheaper.
what they like compared to the go pro hero at 100 quid ?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I wonder when these Chinese firms will make an action camera with a high end sensor..

It's fine getting an action camera like this, but if you want high bitrate video you need something From Gopro etc.

I wonder when these Chinese firms will make an action camera with a high end sensor..

It's fine getting an action camera like this, but if you want high bitrate video you need something From Gopro etc.

yeah true, though it's not that far off a GoPro - I'm comfortable paying a lot less for near quality, though agree people need to start competing.

Xiaomi are actually HUGE, they do smartphones and all sorts, but are actually bringing out quadcopters/drones soon too.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
yeah true, though it's not that far off a GoPro - I'm comfortable paying a lot less for near quality, though agree people need to start competing.

Xiaomi are actually HUGE, they do smartphones and all sorts, but are actually bringing out quadcopters/drones soon too.

I'm sure they do mate. In that video comparison the GoPro looks a hundred times better, but then the 3 Black costs a bit more than £60.

There's not really much cheap competition for the higher end of action cameras at the moment.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
ah .. wish i read this before i just ordered. i suppose at 45 quid from http://www.gearbest.com/xiaomi-yi-_gear/ i cant really complain. i will give it a full review when i get it :) might not be car related but we can see what its like and it will give other users an idea of what quality it is.
1080p at 60 fps should be good thought considering :)

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I'm sure they do mate. In that video comparison the GoPro looks a hundred times better, but then the 3 Black costs a bit more than £60.

There's not really much cheap competition for the higher end of action cameras at the moment.
I actually thing its the other way around.. i prefer the other camera.

The GoPro has better colours, but I don't think that's enough to justify ~6x the price tag imo.

I have a 3 black, when that gets destroyed (its on my quad), I'll be getting a Xiaomi Yi and won't have any bad things to say about it imo.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I actually thing its the other way around.. i prefer the other camera.
Fair enough pal we're all entitled to our opinions, I'm not sure Youtube videos can really be used to compare cameras anyway given that it's been converted at least twice with regards to Gopro videos.

I'm on a 4 black myself, and after looking at the Veho K2 (at the time was £170 for the version with all the toys on Amazon) I can't say I'm unhappy going for the GoPro, because the quality is better. Whether it's 6x better or not is irrelevant really.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Some of the modern cameras are brilliant for the monies. Im happy with my Sony av100 hd thingy but would have been tempted by one of these

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I use a Qumox SJ4000 for my track days. Its superb and only cost £60.
I did look at the camera - and was unsure of weather to get the camera or not ... i got the other camera due to wifi and i do fishing. if i loose it then thats easy enough to accept :)

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Bit of an update - have had a look and there is a few fixes you can do. the camera focus is out and you can make the bit rate higher for 1080p recording. you can also record in 2k

Heres a video on youtube -

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Hopefully get a quick video up tonight so yous can see the quality - aparently its better to record in 30fps than 60 due to the sensor in the camera but al hopefully try both

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Yup - i done this last night .. best way of removing the glue on the lense i found was heating a really small screw driver with a lighter and chipping away at the glue. i did try and force the glue off and that worked but was worried of damaging the camera before i even used it.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Really? Can't see it being much better. Got it for £46 new too.
exactly what i paid.. hopefully get a video up before the weekend. might even increase the bit rate from 25 to 35 as people have done.