ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XL Tyres

Clio Dci 86
Just ordered two new tyres, then having paid for them realised they were the right size but marked XL.

God XL tyres seem to be everywhere, I thought they were just for VW Touareg's and the like but XL appear for the sportiest of tyres....I mean how heavy a load are they expecting people to carry in a Clio for Gods sake?!

​Would the stiffer sidewalls give more protection going over this countries ever increasing number of potholes and would me mixing two XL and two non XL tyres matter much as long as they are on the same axel?

Clio Dci 86
the XL's are 88H and the standard tyre is 84H they are all Firestone Firehawk Tz 300.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Well the 88s are rated for 560kg and the 84s 500kg. Are you going to need the overall difference?

Clio Dci 86
I'm the only thing in the car so no, at the moment I inflate to 31 allround, can I still do that or do XL tyres need a different inflation pressure?