ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XP Help (Files and Folders)

German Barge
Hi all

Nothing to do with my computer, but my sisters.

She has just bought a new tower unit, so wants me to back up all her pics, work etc onto cds...

now, when i go into her documents, select the picture file and all her files are there with the preview of the pictures on the file itself (normal).

When i open one of the folders to get to the files, it opens but all the files are not shown... blank white screen... right click properties. i.e. 25 files, 28,368 kb... so the files are there, but not shown...

any ideas???

sorry if i am not making sense...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Try looking at the folder through the cmd prompt. check the file permissions and ownership.

German Barge
KDF, could you give me a rough step by step on how to do this?

i understand up the point of start, run, and then "cmd" but the rest is beyond me

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Need to scrub up on my windows CLI lol but ok.

ye, go into a command prompt and "cd" to the dir where the pics are stored. You can IIRC use the tab key to autocomplete directory and file names. issue the "dir" command and see if the files are listed. Use the "attrib" command to view and modify file attributes.