ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XR2I Vs 16v

A SHED!

My mate has recently bought a new car....xr2i.Ar wel theres just no helping some people. Anyway this car has hiliftcams, exhaust,induction kit, chip,power boost valve and 14 "wheels. My car, a clio 1764cc 16v has hillpower induction kit and exhaust and 17" wheels. He reckons with the mods he has, he can keep up and might even be able to beat me???? Surely not???:confused:

I had one of these for about a month before i rolled it!

I had highlift cams (fast road), supposedly giving 15bhp, straight thru and home made IK, but this is still only about 120bhp so your mate aint gotta hope.

-Rob

Oddly enough, I had an XR2 (about E-reg) up my arse in a 30 limit yesterday, obviouisly wanting a race. For a while, I didnt give him the satisfaction and couldnt understand why on earth he was going after a Valver. Anyway, I booted it as soon as the road was a 60 limit and he disappeared until I slowed down, whereupon he overtook on a blind bend on the other side of a traffic island. Man, what a willy.

yeah, but you can also say the 172 is not that quick.......

respect due, they have a crap engine (zetec) and are old.......

FRST and 106 GTi

XR2i has got a CVH mate... not zetec.

16v_er, drag racing on tarmac... I think he has a good chance of geting in front... 17" will kill you.

2012 WRX Waggon

ahh the old days - i had a 1 yr old (88) XR2 - I took it to RE in Bury and fitted a CVH22 Fast road cam, Janspeed exhaust and manifold, K+N - Polished and Ported head - and it still felt slow!!!

cost me over 2 grand in 1989!! - what a waste of money, my other half used her share of the house proceeds to go to s.america!!

you live and learn!!

it depends on which xr2i it is, from g reg they are 1.6 cvh, and up to early j reg,

a late j reg on wards is an 1800 which i think is a zetec lump, the 1800 is slower than the 1600, and its a 16v where as the 1600 is only 8 valve.

the times do not vary by much though, but a 1600 is high 8 secs as standard on 13inch wheels, the 1800s come with 14s some even had hub caps!

the rs1800 is 130 bhp 16v zetec.

no zetec BUTRE? lol

the 1.9 is an american block

Visceral: sorry to say it mate, but a well dont XR2 will fly. The tuner doesnt sound too great then. Problem might of been the carb. If you were runing the original DFT then 110bhp is the max you can get out of it. If it was the efi then you shouldof gotten rid of that too. lol......

A SHED!

Its CVH 1.6cc 8valve lump on a H plate. My car has spax adjustables, x-drilled brakes and ebc pads. so it can handle itself in the corners. The other thing I was wondering was the wheel difference...he would probably be able to keep up with his 14" and my 17" wheels

the missus had a j reg 1.8 16v zetec, wasnt that quick, was the reverse of the valver really, good low down power from the start, but about 4000 and above u were just waiting to change gear, no urgency when the power was on