ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yanoo Shiff shift

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
The 182 i bought last month, has one of these installed.

I believe it is the 3.0 version.

First thing in the morning when it's cold it feels great. However after a half hour drive to work it gradually gets stiffer and stiffer. Basically it's so stiff that i can push the gear stick over when in nutural and it doesn't spring back to the centre.

Is this normal?

I assume the Exhaust/Cat is heating things up underneath and as the metals expand things are getting tighter.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I've not done anything with it to be honest, the previous owner fitted it and said it was on the lowest stiffness setting.

Guess if it's not normal, which I didn't think it would be, I'll have to investigate.

Thanks

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Got home from work last night and the shifter was mega stiff, made it difficult getting into gear by the time i got home. So decided to finally take a quick look at it.

Pulled the gaitor off, and played around with the adjusts. Seems there was plenty more adjustment to loosen it up. Shifts are now much easier, noise as gone, and there is still no play in the shifter.

Pretty happy with it now. Wish i'd taken the 5 minutes to sort it out before now. I thought i'd need to get under the car, so was putting it off.