ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yanoo Stiff Shift Gearbox End

clio diesel
Hi,

I bought a stiff shift kit from yanoo. I got both the lever end and the gearbox end metal bushes.

I have only so far fitted the gb end bush. But when i fit it, if i tighten it up, it locks the selector in position, It only works if you leave it loose. The reason for this (if i have fitted it right) is because the gear selector rod is physically attached tot he selector bar, whereas before the Renault style bush rotated within the selector bar and therefore allowed free movement.

Anyone else had similar trouble? Am i missing some bits in my kit? All i have is a tophat style bush and a nut and bolt.

clio diesel
The brass bush i have is for the lever end. I have another bush, looks like stainless steel for the gb end (i assume. Its a top hat bush and (i think) fits in the hole in the gb selector rod, and then the linkage fits over both of these parts. A bolt then goes through it all, and a nut tightenes it up. If you tighten the nut up, it loks the selector in place and the bottom part of linkage 'claw' (two round pieces with holes in parallel to each other) is in contact with the selector rod.

Cup In bits
You have to sand or file down one side of the bush bit by bit as they're machined oversize to accommodate all gear linkages. Two minute job.

clio diesel
It fits the hole fine. Its the fact that the gear rod claw is now bolted directly to the selector. ill try to draw a pic.

Cup In bits
I know it goes tight mate and that the selector rod fits through the lever fine.

As said sand/file down the bush so essentially its making the bolt longer. Job jobbed.

Also my bush came in two half's iirc?

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ it's over sized to accommodate all linkages as stated, lie you file flat on the ground and just run the bush along it until you have taken enough material off.

Regards Russ...........

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
He is talking about the small metal bush at the gearbox. I guess, there are overhanging welds on both side of the OEM small linkage. They may cause the problem. It's written in the fitting instruction what has to be done in this case. Email sent.

clio diesel
ok i had to leave the bolt loose, but held it in place with thread lock. If you tighten the bolt, it clamps the rod selector to the linkage. It works how i have done it.