ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yay - upgrades

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
Yay, I just picked up new Koni's and Powerflex bush kit, so I will be under the car fitting it this weekend.

I am a bit annoyed about the amount of damage to the paintwork though. I guess it will rust quick unless I cover it with something.

2010-08-19_19-44-30_379.jpg2010-08-19_20-13-06_721_Ealing.jpg

Are they meant to be new?? VERY poor if they are! If you cant be arsed to go to effort of getting them changed then would repaint them.

Monaco
As above. They don't look like an acceptable condition for a new product. Looks like they've maybe been bought and returned in their lifetime

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
THanks for the advice - I did email the retailer and await their response. Thing is I don't want to send them back as I want to get them on the car before MOT before end of the month.
Besides being bashed around, chipped and dented - I am surprised at the quality of finish. They are only STR.T but I thought it would be better than a basic single coat, pictures I saw looked like powder coat.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I was offered £30 of the Konis and accepted that - to the retailers credit they responded to me quickly.
Hit a bit of a dead stop fitting these things as I dont have a deep recess box spanner to get the strut top nut off, tried a couple of places near me and no-body seems to sell one either!

I also found that I have been send outer ARB powerflex mounts for the Sport clio. Does anybody know if powerflex even make a similar kit for the non-sport?

My outer ARB bushes are like these ones.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?507142-Non-sport-ARB-Bush-changing-guide

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
sweeeeet....

I've just got Vmax coilies, full poly bush kit, rear bush to bearing conversion, 15mm hubcentric spacers and solid top mounts :D will start fitting them all tomorrow :D

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I hope your fitment is going well.
Getting the bushings out of the suspension arms is an arse. Powerflex website suggests to drill a hole through the rubber - what a load of crap, I found it best to drill about 12 holes on one side of the bushing, so the aluminium core can be hammered out, then make a slitin the metal collar.

The thing that has me stumped is the top bolt on the front struts - it won't budge. I even went and bought a hollow socket, but the problem is it is so tight I snap the 6mm hex key.

Last edited:

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Got the bushes out easily :)

try undoing them with an impact gun whilst the cars on the ground.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I wish I had an impact gun.
I snapped my ba4 socket I was using to hold a hex bit. This let the strut swivel round and pull the driveshaft out of the tranny - gearbox oil everywhere.
Just managed to find my proper 14mm drive hex bits, hopefully those will work, but will reassample everything and put the car on the ground first!