ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yellow Light of Death.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Was blasting round the 'ring on Gran Turismo 5 on Monday night and all of a sudden my PS3 cut out.

Tried turning it back on, but as soon as it powered up it powered down. Basically, red standby, press the on touch button, green light and fan whirls up followed by three bleeps, a yellow flash then back to stand by.

Just Googled these these symptoms after another unsuccessful attempt to fire her up. Yellow Light of Death.

I was planning on upgrading to a new PS3 as mine is the original fat version, 40GB. Had it donkeys, it's served me well, but I'm p*ssed off because now I've lost all my saved games!

Only started playing my PS3 on Sunday after not using it for months. Gutted.

Has anyone done the hairdryer/heat gun trick? Any tips on that?

Also, how can I recover my saved games? I guess I'll need to back them up on an external hard drive then transfer them to the new PS3's HDD?

Octy VRS
You won't forget to back up game saves again. Takes seconds onto a flash drive.

You'll either need to get someone to reflow or try the various tricks from Youtube to get it going. My 60GB went and I got it done by PSPros (now defunct). It lasted for well over a year with some pretty heavy usage and demanding games like Skyrim. Sold it a few months ago for the price I paid to get it done, £80.