ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yellow sludge oil cap ??

Expression 1.2 16v
First post :)
I took the oil cap off and this is one i saw...
What the hell is this ?! Lol something to worry about? I've had a phase 1 Mk 2 and never seen this and a Beamer and never seen it... ?
111r1hf.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's standard behaviour in a 1.2. Short journeys, long plastic filler neck full of condensation.

Clear it all out, go for a long drive and check again, it will be fine.

Expression 1.2 16v
Headgasket?

Do you do long or short journeys?

When did you last do an oil change?

erm well I do do a lot of short journeys yes. I've only had the car 3 weeks and they said they did a service so I'm guessing only 3 weeks ago? But they might of not changed the oil. The oil on the dip stick doesn't look too bad. And there's no sludge on there.?

my coolant seems to be leaking behind under the airbox aswell :s is this connected ?

Expression 1.2 16v
Standard feature on the 1.2 IIRC.

Condensation due to not getting hot enough.. think the breather is a pretty naff design ?

Oh good glad it's nothing major! :approve:

But is the coolant water leak anything to do with it or is that a separate problem...
Think I'm gonna take it into the garage... :dapprove:

Lionel Richie
did you buy it from a dealer/trader? you're covered by 6month warranty legally anyway (but as said the mayo thing is a factory feature!)

Expression 1.2 16v
I did buy is from a dealer yer. Oh right - he didn't say anything about a warranty. So you recon I'm covered anyway?

Expression 1.2 16v
Crap sorry people just release this thread is in the wrong bit ! Should be in the repairs bit etc ?

As above, clean it all out, give it a long run to get the oil temp up and it'll all disappear - only to re-appear again in six months :)

RB 182 Cup
This reminds me of both my 1.6 and 1.9 205 GTis when I lived in London. Their plastic filler neck is miles away from the engine and was always full on gunge in the winter.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
System flush. Long run.

Should be fine. If it comes back it could be a head gasket on its way...