ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yellow Speed coilovers

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Thoughts of these for MK3 RS? Can’t see any reviews online (Honda boys seem to like them), are they new for the Clio?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
None customisable rates according to ktec though.
Generally they'll let you spec what you want.

Seem almost too cheap to be true

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Yes they do seem good value, my front shock is leaking and was looking at B14s. I do about 80% fun road driving and 20% track.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
everyone seems to rate the B14's, but 2 lads i know with them have both had issues. I'd definitely be wary if you're considering buying second hand ones.

RS 200 CUP
I work at Tegiwa which also run yellowspeed europe, I've got a set on the way for my clio and we run them on pretty much all our cars here. They have 33 way adjustable dampening, height adjustment etc and we can get different spring rates if requested. They all come with a 2 year warranty and we can get almost any spare parts for them as required. Let me know if you want any more info and I'll help you out.

Clio 197
Let us know how you get on as they seem like a better alternative to B14s

everyone seems to rate the B14's, but 2 lads i know with them have both had issues. I'd definitely be wary if you're considering buying second hand ones.
Anything to look out for when buying secondhand?

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Will do mate, not driven a 197/200 on coilovers, maybe a good opportunity to have a car meet up? They got a pretty good spec on them, just hope the quality is there!

RS 200 CUP
Where abouts you all based? You're more than welcome to pop down to Tegiwa if you're anywhere near and have a look at some of the cars we already have on Yellow Speed coilovers, including mine if I've fit them by then :)

Clio 197
Where abouts you all based? You're more than welcome to pop down to Tegiwa if you're anywhere near and have a look at some of the cars we already have on Yellow Speed coilovers, including mine if I've fit them by then :)
I'm literally around the corner from Tegiwa so will definitely pop down when i'm looking to buy a set of coilovers!

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
That’s a very kind off mate but I’m down in Swindon so quite a journey. Look forward to your thoughts once you’ve fitted them! I’ve been given a lead time of 2/3 weeks.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
What are the available spring rates Rich? Do you do much track driving in yours?

And also, what sorta price we looking at for a set?

RS 200 CUP
Sorry for the late reply folks, been off ill at the start of the week so catching up on everything today.

I'm literally around the corner from Tegiwa so will definitely pop down when i'm looking to buy a set of coilovers!
That's great man, I'm only Trentham based myself so might have seen you around if you're local.

That’s a very kind off mate but I’m down in Swindon so quite a journey. Look forward to your thoughts once you’ve fitted them! I’ve been given a lead time of 2/3 weeks.
I'll be sure to do a full review of them although I'm concerned it may look biased.

What are the available spring rates Rich? Do you do much track driving in yours?

And also, what sorta price we looking at for a set?
The standard spring rates are 7kg front and 4kg rear but if you're looking for something different then it's best to get in touch with your request and we'll see what we can do. Haven't put down any track time yet but will be doing a couple this year. The price is £769 retail (inc VAT) for the dynamic pro sports but we can get more track focused coilovers if the demand is high enough.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
From my perspective, there's certainly enough interest in them.
I'll drop you guys an email (y)

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Arrived and on. Just had the geo done and all good. Haven’t driven it apart from to
29F05244-ACF7-4229-9EC7-4D10FCC13B95.jpeg
29F05244-ACF7-4229-9EC7-4D10FCC13B95.jpeg
43FF2C6A-E58C-44DB-85BC-7B87A7A758E2.jpeg
8F52963D-8E7A-44A4-ADBF-E55964E30972.jpeg
the garage, not sure what to expect but less harsh than my Cooksport springs with cup dampers. Track day at Bedford tomorrow so will mess about with damping then.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
They look almost identical to Megane BC coilovers, slightly different colours. Not a bad thing, as they are decent for the money

RS 200 CUP
Arrived and on. Just had the geo done and all good. Haven’t driven it apart from to the garage, not sure what to expect but less harsh than my Cooksport springs with cup dampers. Track day at Bedford tomorrow so will mess about with damping then.

Hope your track day's going well mate, let me know what you think of the coilovers!

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Had a great day, it was very greasy this morning and kept loosing the back end in turn it. Once it dried set the front 6 for hard and the rear 12. The car felt much better, and the drive home on this setting wasn’t to bad at all. Need do some fast road driving to complete the picture but happy so far.

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
I’ve hole sawed the scuttle panel to gain easy access to top mount adjustment. It’s pain removing the wipers etc.
F7FB0CE0-27FD-4443-91C5-571E9D76BAFB.jpeg
3BFF721B-E57F-4E76-B9CF-E39AF3F09084.jpeg

Clio 200 F4RT
Hi is there any kind of update on these? I am about to bite the bullet but deciding between a few brands..........

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
We've been doing a fair few of these recently and are the most popular coilover for us this year. Only good feedback so far so I wouldnt be too shy about purchasing Yellowspeed coilovers. If you want coilovers sub-£1000 these are I think the best option for mixed road and track

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Hi is there any kind of update on these? I am about to bite the bullet but deciding between a few brands..........
For the money mate I can’t not fault them. Done 4 track days with them and the car feels great.

Clio RS200 Mk3

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Hi Mike, neg 2.3 up front but also use power flex camber and caster bushes in the wishbones. Shimmed the rear beam to neg 2.5. 10mm spacers, 8j cup racer Speedlines with 225 Cup 2’s. Did Bedford last week and the car was awesome 👍

Attachments

• CA6D41EF-9DB1-434A-8254-01125D4F936E.jpeg
    CA6D41EF-9DB1-434A-8254-01125D4F936E.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 100
  Clio RS200 Mk3
Hi Mike, neg 2.3 up front but also use power flex camber and caster bushes in the wishbones. Shimmed the rear beam to neg 2.5. 10mm spacers, 8j cup racer Speedlines with 225 Cup 2’s. Did Bedford last week and the car was awesome 👍
Was that a total of 2.3 neg or an extra over standard?