ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yokohama Advan Neova AD08

S4 Avant
I've stuck a pair on the front of mine, normally I'd go for paradas because of the price.

Miles better in the wet, feel a lot more confident tackling standing water. Equally as good in the dry, if not better than paradas.

I'll be using them from now on.

Clio 182 FF
Great tyres, a mate put a set on his impreza for a ring trip over easter. We did 14 laps of the ring and hardly any sign of wear. Grip levels are very good its basically a road going version of the AD048.

From the few comments here they are epic in the wet and dry???

I planned on using in the AD's dry and Parada's for the wet but it looks like the AD's are an allround tyre???????

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
For me it was either these or the rsr's, i went for the rsr's purely because i needed a set quickly. They are very very good, and i will be using them as an everyday tyre.

Megane Diesel / 172
Where have you found the best price?

If you go onto Blackcircles.com they give you 0% finance for all Yoko tyres fitted.

I put in 195/50/15 in these and it came up with £40.00 first payment and then £30.00 monthly therreafter.

Great if you are on a budget....

But.... Just went on the website again and they weren't on there, phoned and apparently they update the website daily so these aren't in stock so thats why they aren't there. Guy I talked to reckoned it should only ever be a bout a week or so before Yokohama tyres are in so suggested I keep trying next week.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
From the few comments here they are epic in the wet and dry???

I planned on using in the AD's dry and Parada's for the wet but it looks like the AD's are an allround tyre???????

paradas arent a good choice for the wet mate, for a budget tyre they work well in the dry, but wet weather wise they are really nothing special at all, below average if anything.

S4 Avant
Ok... So I'm hoping my tracking is out by quite a lot. Possibly the most expensive set of tyres I've ever bought.

This is just over 2000 miles and 2 months.

IMG_1108.jpg

No wonder they were bloody good in the dry! Any one else having similar wear rates?

M135i and the shed
Loving these on my R26 currently. I've only used them on track in the pouring rain but they were better than they have any right to be. I was really impressed. Road wet and dry grip is excellent considering the type of tyre it is.

I'm hoping that Cadwell is dry when I visit next month so that I can get a feel for how they manage when the get mega hot.

Can't believe how they've worn in that pic above. Mine look almost untouched after similar mileage (some of it wet trackdays granted!)

340i
Ok... So I'm hoping my tracking is out by quite a lot. Possibly the most expensive set of tyres I've ever bought.

This is just over 2000 miles and 2 months.

IMG_1108.jpg

No wonder they were bloody good in the dry! Any one else having similar wear rates?

What PSI was your running on those Dave? they look over inflated to me....

Are both fronts like that as well? :dapprove:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What are these like compared to Hankook V12's or are they not really oriented for road driving?

Ive got rsrs's and used v12's before. Big step up imo so id imagine the advan's would be too. I dont do many miles, 7k ish a year. If i did more i wouldnt have the rsrs's on all the time.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Christ i've done a dozen full trackdays & 15K road miles & my tryres are still going strong.
So glad I moved away from FWD, remember stripping a front R888 at a Donington eve event one crazy 30C evening!

Lotus Elise
They are awesome, not as good in standing water as a Michilen or Contisport but better in dry condition.

S4 Avant
30 psi in both fronts, one was worn in the middle, the other on the outer edge.

Tracking is being sorted tomorrow, and then I'll judge which tyres to go for next.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
that one you've pictured looks like near perfect wear, maybe a little worse in the center so over inflated by 2-3psi.
Did you ever get the tracking done after you bent that wheel?

S4 Avant
What bent wheel... I've never bent any wheels. Ever. Promise :eek:

Nope, being sorted tomorrow, along with track rod ends and inners, which are both worn.