ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yokohama Parada

Any good ? I get these fitted tomorow and just wondering if anyone has them ? I'm paying 68 pound a tyre :dead: so I assume they are very good ? Dimensions are 195/50/15.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They should be a lot less than that cost wise, but personally, I rate them.

People on here will tell you horror stories of them in the wet, but I've never had an issue.

They're a great tyre in the dry, especially for the money.

172 Race Car
Could of had PE2's for that money surely?

Crap in the wet and melted at oulton park. Couldnt really see what the hype is about when i had some.

Depends what you mean by 'any good' they are black, round and rubbery so work perfectly fine as tyres

Best tyres I have ever had - In the dry. Huge amounts of grip, huge amounts of tyre squeel when you want them too, and they last a lot longer than people will have you believe.
In the wet they will at one point catch you out. You dont have to be driving like a tool either, I got caught out going round a roundabout doing 15mph, the car just decided it didnt want to turn and I headed straight for the kerb, took my foot off the pedal and it came back. But just be careful, as you should be, in the wet and you will be fine.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes.

Soft sidewalls, but BAGS of grip (and squeals) in the dry .. !

Progressive in the wet. Not snappy. Just take it easy and see how they differ when the road is wet.

I never had an issue in my old Ph1 172 for ~2 years of English rain/snow and possibly even 3 days of sunshine ;)

loads of threads on them LOADS. i like them, the sidewalls go before anything but thats on track, in the wet they arent the best, but i'm not arsed as i drive like an old man then

gally likes them too so thats a bonus (sort of)

ITB'd MK1
I've got them on the front of mine now, quite like them. They're £46 from camskill at the moment in that size. Did a track day at bedford on a set and they did well, they're not a proper track tyre but they were reasonable enough

S4 Avant
Brilliant road tyre, but not a track tyre.

The soft nature of them means they're awesome on the road at relatively low temperatures, but as said they melt on track.

These are for a 1.2 btw that I will not be tracking, just for daily driving and a little 'blast' every now and then. Wet isn't a problem and tyres are expensive here so these seemed the best buy. I originally asked for 185/55's and I was getting quotes over 100 pound :-/ first ever tyres I have bought so it's a learning curve.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I wasn't talking track really Jay, just as a road tyre, I really rate them.

For what you want Kane, they sound bang on. A very grippy tyre, my favourite thing being the way they don't just "go" when they lose traction, really lets you play with the car.

clio mk1 RSI
had them on my old ph1 they are amazing in the dry but i to got caught out on a roundabout in the wet they dont like lift off over steer.
That is to much money though should get them for about 50 quid a corner shop around

S4 Avant
had them on my old ph1 they are amazing in the dry but i to got caught out on a roundabout in the wet they dont like lift off over steer.
That is to much money though should get them for about 50 quid a corner shop around

He's in spain.

Everything is more expensive here excluding fags and booze lol. Looking forward to using them now, I'm currently running slick budget tyres.

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
£68 for 195/50/15 lol. That's a rip off

I can't get them £29 pound a tyre!!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
^ He's in Spain.

Glad you like them dude !! See how you get on with them at the OEM pressure (which I presume you have in there at the moment) and maybe drop them one or two depending how you feel ? Is your car standard (weight wise anyway) ?

I'm not too sure what pressure they done, but I did give them a push and they feel quite soft (if that makes ant difference :eek:) The car is completely standard.