ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yokohama Paradas

White Evo V
I've got a quote of £80.44 each inc vat for 205/40/16 Yokohama paradas. Is this a good price?
What other tyres would you recommend for 16" wheels?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have yoko paradas on the back of my car I hate them they are very nervous this time of year, I have contixports ont the front and I like them

Considered PE2s? 205/45 or 195/45 - Id say they would be the best all rounder and probably last the longest. Good deals can be had if you are buying four? (Usually have deals on at Costco)

I wouldnt rate Paradas for this time of year after running them last winter, pathetic levels of grip in the damp/wet.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Not issues mate I just don't have confidence in them at all I had t1-rs on all round before that and they felt a lot more stable at winter times

Cooksport Fleet
I have PE2s on the front of mine, and had paradas on the rear. The car oversteered dangerously (was fun tho!).

I put some PE2s on the rear with about 2.5mm on. i have 60psi in the rear, and i struggle to get the back out.

Personally i would go for PE2s!

But that quote is about average i think.

S4 Avant
I have PE2s on the front of mine, and had paradas on the rear. The car oversteered dangerously (was fun tho!).

I put some PE2s on the rear with about 2.5mm on. i have 60psi in the rear, and i struggle to get the back out.

Personally i would go for PE2s!

But that quote is about average i think.

Really?!

Cooksport Fleet
why? They tested a michy before and it took 3000psi before it blew.

Edit: Thats what i was told anyway!

Renaultsport Clio 182
i've got Toyo Proxes T1-R's all round on mine and i certainly wont be getting another set! they're ok in dry conditions but are utter gash in wet / icy weather.

when these go i'm going back to PE2's at whatever cost - they are by far and away the best tyre for the 182 IMO. i know they cost more but they perform soooo much better than the rest and tend to last alot longer too. These T1-R's are wearing away at an alarming rate considering the amount of motorway miles i do.

White Evo V
Im totally stuck on what tyres to buy! Ideally I dont want to spend more than £80 per corner and I want something thats average in the wet and dry!
What would you choose, from:

Michelin PE2 - £?? each
Toyo Proxe T1R - £50ish each
Yokohama Parada - £80ish each
Yokohama S.drive - £60ish each

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
i've got Toyo Proxes T1-R's all round on mine and i certainly wont be getting another set! they're ok in dry conditions but are utter gash in wet / icy weather.

when these go i'm going back to PE2's at whatever cost - they are by far and away the best tyre for the 182 IMO. i know they cost more but they perform soooo much better than the rest and tend to last alot longer too. These T1-R's are wearing away at an alarming rate considering the amount of motorway miles i do.
PE2's are average, T1-R's are worse overall. V12's ruin pe2's. And are much cheaper.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Im totally stuck on what tyres to buy! Ideally I dont want to spend more than £80 per corner and I want something thats average in the wet and dry! Im thinking T1R's now as there supposed to be a good alrounder and I can get them for just over £50 per corner!

What would you choose from:

Michelin PE2 - £?? each
Toyo Proxe T1R - £50ish each
Yokohama Parada - £80ish each
Yokohama S.drive - £60ish each
http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b818s344p0

They are better, grippier, and last well.

60 PSI?! f**king nut job. A higher tyre pressure is less progressive. Anyone with more than 2 braincells would notice the difference between 36 and 30 nevermind 30 and 60 :S

Paradas are fine in the dry but in the wet they are awful. If your car is set up right they are good but if yours isnt you will soon find out the hard way.

Yoko S drives are a good tyre imo. They seem to get rid of water well.

Ive got some coopers on the front atm and they are awful. Nothing compared to the Yoko A539s on the rear.

Ph1
The rear has more grip with 60psi with shagged pe2s than it did with 45psi with paradas

Why have you pumped them up to a comedy level? Iv heard of over inflation but thats taking the pi55 :lolup:

Road tyres generate heat once warmed up so tyre pressures increase. Your 60 psi will probably be mid 70's on a warm day !! :eek:

Load of bollox about higher = better grip. Why do you think folk let the tyres down when drag racing dohhhhhh :dead:

Why have you pumped them up to a comedy level? Iv heard of over inflation but thats taking the pi55 :lolup:

Road tyres generate heat once warmed up so tyre pressures increase. Your 60 psi will probably be mid 70's on a warm day !! :eek:

Load of bollox about higher = better grip. Why do you think folk let the tyres down when drag racing dohhhhhh :dead:
It is correct to a certain degree, they become less progressive though which makes the handling worse.

Ph1
That kind of over inflation although fun lol would be damn right dangerous for prolonged road use not to mention tyre wear. Clio's are skitish at the back as it is.

Cooksport Fleet
I know it says dont inflate over 40psi, but i dont really care!

My car handles very well.

60psi reduces the contact patch of the rear tyres to help them brake away, road conditions the tyre pressures dont exactly move much.

If i took it on track i would lower them slightly. (50ish)

But at the end of the day... the race car runs 60psi in the rears, and i have quite a few lap records with that setup.

I have experimented with all sorts, this is the optimum. Much better now i have corner weighted it.

1998 BMW e46 323i
^ Mentalist. Fact. They'll wear really quickly around the centre of the tyre, never mind the handling, WTF?!

You want less progression? That means you're either gripping round the corner or have the arse end out :S

If your going over 60 theres no time to respond. I know first hand...
Paradas arent progressive in wet to begin with so only god knows how you are still here today!