ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York Raceway R.W.Y.B - 09/10/11

BG Clio 182
Just a few snaps from my first raceday .. went to watch my friend race his corsa n when i got there i thought i may as well see what my motor could do .. as shown in the photo i was coming first in class all day .. then my exhaust mounts broke and a civic type r beat my time .. i ended up coming 2nd In class with 1/4 mile in 15.094s and top speed of 92.61 Mph .. Which aint to bad considering it was my first time, it was a wet drag strip and my motor is completely standard and unstripped unlike the other cars racing!

I was thinking of adding some colour to my car to make it stand out more .. but i dont want it to look chavvy! .. so your comments and ideas would be appreciated!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

BG Clio 182
Cheers guys! .. No one believed me that it didnt have a turbo :s so I had to keep the bonnet open between races to prove it lol .. All because I beasted a Westfield .. Yer it's lowered on raceland coilovers .. Il probs get slated for this but I've ran it on the cup suspension, I then fitted lowering springs but with the coilovers its gave the smoothest ride yet .. Grabbed em for a bargain price of £200 from k-tec on eBay so can't really complain .. Had some on my astra coupe n they were spot on on that 2

ph2 172
Saw you running mate, I was in this 299552_10150337862967921_516017920_8299611_1049129848_n.jpg
Your car looked good, until the exhaust hangers snapped :)
The other silver ph1 that was running looked good too.
I managed 16.940 1/4 mile at 81mph :) pretty pleased cause I beat a 1.6 astra with same mod's as me and a black corsa with 96bhp :)
My first ever time racing and couldnt stop smiling all day!

BG Clio 182
Seen yours 2 bud .. Looks tidy .. What engine you running? .. Seen the 2.0l sport wrote on the back :p .. You reckon? I thort it looked a bit sluggish probs cos of the turbo mind .. Not a bad result there bud .. Same here never tried anything like this before .. Deffos going to get my self back again when the season starts again

ph2 172
Seen yours 2 bud .. Looks tidy .. What engine you running? .. Seen the 2.0l sport wrote on the back :p .. You reckon? I thort it looked a bit sluggish probs cos of the turbo mind .. Not a bad result there bud .. Same here never tried anything like this before .. Deffos going to get my self back again when the season starts again

1.4 16v is tucked in there, surprised the chaps in my group. haha I let my friends draw in the dirt from that horrid road on the drive in.
I just need to make a custom exhaust as mine is blowing badly from a couple of joins and take my cat out. Then strip out even more plastics and tar.
You dont by any chance know Peter Linley with the blue ph2 cup from seaton do you?

BG Clio 182
Ah right so where you in the A class? .. Haha tell me about it, my car was gleaming until i got there i was gutted .. Nice, got anything else planned for it ? .. nah i dont know anyone round here with a clio

BG Clio 182
i made the post "who drives a sport in the northeast" on the areas part of the forum cos i hardly see any!

Last edited:
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
You managed to drive to the strip on coilovers :O Hero, my back (and car) was broken on a standard setup lol

ph2 172
Yeah I was in Class A :) Not really just tidying up the body work from the previous owners terrible sense of spacial awareness. I guess you are class C?
There are a fair few sports around the teesside area, from past experience though the owners seem to look at me and think oh just another chav in a non-sport, they seem very ignorant towards me because I'm not in a 1*2. Alot of meets go on outside the forum over text. I'll let you know if I find out about one.

pimp mobile Zafira
Very good effort mate. Car looks tidy too. O keep on meaning to go to one of these as I don't live to far away but never go.

BG Clio 182
You managed to drive to the strip on coilovers :O Hero, my back (and car) was broken on a standard setup lol

Yer i prefer the ride now with coilovers to when it had the original cup suspension and it's better than it was with lowering springs .. I think my back only hurts on long journeys n I blame that on the seats, there not the best for comfyness!

BG Clio 182
Yeah I was in Class A :) Not really just tidying up the body work from the previous owners terrible sense of spacial awareness. I guess you are class C?
There are a fair few sports around the teesside area, from past experience though the owners seem to look at me and think oh just another chav in a non-sport, they seem very ignorant towards me because I'm not in a 1*2. Alot of meets go on outside the forum over text. I'll let you know if I find out about one.
Previous lady owner by any chance? .. Aye class C, think il try my luck in class D next time :p .. Yer I know what you mean I used to get the same when I had a 1.4 Clio many moons ago (il have to upload a pic of it 2moz) .. Yer cool just let me know if you hear of any

BG Clio 182
Very good effort mate. Car looks tidy too. O keep on meaning to go to one of these as I don't live to far away but never go.
Cheers bud :D .. Should get yourself there! .. Specially when you only live selby! .. I'm glad I did it .. We should get a few of us to go when the racing season starts again .. Would be a good day out!

Cheers guys! .. No one believed me that it didnt have a turbo :s so I had to keep the bonnet open between races to prove it lol .. All because I beasted a Westfield .. Yer it's lowered on raceland coilovers .. Il probs get slated for this but I've ran it on the cup suspension, I then fitted lowering springs but with the coilovers its gave the smoothest ride yet .. Grabbed em for a bargain price of £200 from k-tec on eBay so can't really complain .. Had some on my astra coupe n they were spot on on that 2

Forgive me for sounding insulting here - but people couldn't believe you didn't have a turbo for doing a 15.1s 1/4 mile in a 2litre 180bhp clio?

I did 15.1s all day in my old 106 gti and it was a 1.6

I really thought clios would be quicker than that?

BG Clio 182
Thats what people were saying lol dont shoot the messenger .. 106's are really light in comparison tho ive owned 106 gti before n that was hellishly quick for a 1.6 ... yer thats a 15sec 1/4 mile on a very wet strip plus it was my first time so my reactions werent at there best

53 Clio's & counting
I remember when I did my first 14.0 a chap wouldn't believe my engine was internally standard lol. Good time considering its your first go at it dude :)

ph2 172
Previous lady owner by any chance? ..
Nope just someone who thought it would be fun to watch dvd's whilst driving on the ripspeed dvd player :/ Only reason im keeping it in there is cause I use the EQ to set up my amp/sub.
Enjoy Class D you might stand a chance with the cars probably being slightly heavier.