ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Youngest 197/200 owners??

RS Clio 200 FF Silver
I must have a deaf car.

Keep telling it to do 200 mph :)

Sometimes a bit of power will wrap you round a tree (Especially some of the older TVRs)

If I saw a 19 year old in a TVR I'd keep well out of his way as it would only be a matter of time :eek:.

Completely agree, those tvr's are to fast to drive around a bend and come through the other side unscathed especially with a 19yr old at the wheel :eek::rasp:

RS Clio 200 FF Silver
I would start another thread but it'll just get locked again, I got confirmation that lbrench crashed his 200, rear n/s damage I believe! Nothing too serious...sounds like he got lucky.

There goes another nice 200 off the road :dapprove:

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I know this has been asked for 172/182 but i wondered how old people on here were when they first got their 197/200? I'm 21 and loving my Clio 200! I've owned other performance cars at a young age from an MR2/Integra Type R and 206 GTI 180 from the age of 18. What car have you got an spec:

RS Clio 200 FF Silver, Recaros, Cup Chassis on a 59 plate :D

Oh my good amazing, welcome to the club ;)

i had a 172 when i was 12

You know when someone types something funny, and someone then says they spat a beverage all over the keyboard, and you never actually believe them. Well...ok no, I didn't spit my beverage either, but I did roffle. Not literally, because that would be silly, but I did lol. Quietly.

LY 200
^Or a good job that enables to get a good loan! ;)

Could alternatively be f**king lucky and have won a nice sum on the lottery OR even be a footballer racking in grands a week! Ha

ummm when i was a tree surgeon you could get paid £400 a day if you did a private job and about £120 a day working during the week.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
play the game ffs. theyre not exactly slow either and i know i'd much rather of been in a 1.2 at 17, which infact i was.

PLAY THE GAME!!! a 1.2 or a 2.0 at 17...And you'd have the 1.2. Would you fcuk sunshine!

Did many trees pass away in your presence?

Funny Man, here is my old gay pink car that was given to me. I used to call it the gay mobile. Was my car from 17-21. RIP Gay mobile you gave your life so i could get 2K off :p
IMG_0331.jpg

Lionel Richie
there's 2 lads round here with 197's, one's 18 the other is 19, one is loaded the other races in formula renault and is loaded too

Mini Cooper S sport
I didn't even have my own car until I was about 20, how these people afford it is beyond me.

PLAY THE GAME!!! a 1.2 or a 2.0 at 17...And you'd have the 1.2. Would you fcuk sunshine!

course i would!!! simple reason i bought my first car, i live in salford, i couldnt afford a more powerful car, so the thought didnt even enter my mind.

i'd much rather learn some skill before i got the toys given to me or i was lucky enough to set up an ebay company selling deckchairs, etc

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Stay at home, get a job, finance. No rocket science! ;) how do you think people on here afford Gallardo's, Ferrari's & TVR's!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
course i would!!! simple reason i bought my first car, i live in salford, i couldnt afford a more powerful car, so the thought didnt even enter my mind.

i'd much rather learn some skill before i got the toys given to me or i was lucky enough to set up an ebay company selling deckchairs, etc

pahhh!!! "given" the choice you'd have the faster car. Lets be honest now! I wanted the fastest car possible at 17! Why? coz i liked fast cars! Simples!

Cos everyone knows the 200 is the best car in the world, and also by that definition everyone on here would have one.

tbh all i wanted at 17 was a yellow punto sporting, to kill my dad and to fcuk everything with blonde hair (not including Iggy pop/jon bon jovi)

clio 197
Did it transform back into a standard cooper then after you sold it?

what are you on...

i said i had a mini works as my first car.
didnt say s works
i bought my gf a conv s works for her 18th and so i could have a lil runa round in it every so oftain...

my rents arnt rich!
i paid for it off my own back, by working hard.

really aint hard!

Monaco Blue Clio 172
Fred - Who is that that races Formula Renault up your way????

My bosses son, Dean Stoneman who also races Formula Renault is currently pottering about in a new Nissan GTR at the age of 18 :eek:

How the other half lives.....

clio 197
Fred - Who is that that races Formula Renault up your way????

My bosses son, Dean Stoneman who also races Formula Renault is currently pottering about in a new Nissan GTR at the age of 18 :eek:

How the other half lives.....
got a guy in my village. races or did race a renault cup. the car was coverd in his dads comp name lol... gives you an idea of who paid him...
got a brand new red m3 :( bad times

Barge
Stay at home, get a job, finance. No rocket science! ;) how do you think people on here afford Gallardo's, Ferrari's & TVR's!

Cos they are clearly C**TS

More like they're financed to f**k but have a 'good' job and therefore can realistically afford their finance. Or similar but on a loan.

Very few people in their early 20's will have the money to spend on any of those outright, or indeed on a 200.

Or people have borrowed from parents. Or been handed an expensive car.

The big shots on here make me f**king roffle!

Mini Cooper S
Why do people need finance to buy a £15k car at 21? Someone starts working at 17, save a few grand a year...not that hard if you live at home.

Barge
Why do people need finance to buy a £15k car at 21? Someone starts working at 17, save a few grand a year...not that hard if you live at home.

Those people are the exception. Not the rule.

A lot of people have other debts. It's the world we live in I'm afraid.

clio 197
exactly...

been working since i was 16 on the web and that... so i treated myself with some money i saved. live with my rents, easy :D

when i need to move out i will no doubt sell cars and put it towards a nice flat...

you spend at your means. and i had enough money at 19 to get some cars, and didnt want to move out so exaclty what i did :D

More like they're financed to f**k but have a 'good' job and therefore can realistically afford their finance. Or similar but on a loan.

Very few people in their early 20's will have the money to spend on any of those outright, or indeed on a 200.

yes, but i worked 7days a week to get a deposit for a place of my own but due to family event i had to stay at home and so with my deposit money bought the car :p
Also if you live at home then you have very little out goings.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

No s**t! That’s what i said...But that's reality. Finance is an illustration of "the ability to pay" not wealth. It's CS's naivety, which makes me 'roffle' tbh!