ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Youngest 197/200 owners??

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I do care a little.... Nothing wrong with a little dabble here and there whilst waiting for the washing machine to stop :cool:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Who is that man in sector B7? :approve:

Bet he drives a 200 (vain effort to be related to the thread title).......

Ph1
End of the day a car will only go as fast as you tell it to. Sometimes a bit of power comes in handy.

Your right, dosent matter what car someone has they can still loon it and crash but the more figures under the right foot someone has the more temptation is there to use it. Add inexperience into the equasion and the risks are naturally a lot higher than someone in a lower powered car.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
19, clio 200 with slight damage :dead:

its nothing serious at all, just a few scratches on the rear arch, was in very heavy fog going down a country road, not going fast at all, wasnt really paying attention a corner suddnely went sharp, i put the brakes on (i know big mistake but i panicked like any of you would and if you say you wouldnt panic then your full of sh*t because you cant say that until its actually happened to you) back end came round and i ended up parallel with the barrier at this point i hadnt touched it then i put the power down to pull away from it and herd a 'schhh' noise and realised i scuffed the arch. goes into the body shop on the 8th of march for the re spray/blend and to get my badges, bullets and handles black.....

it wasnt enything serious but could of been 10 times worse and its not like i was 'hero driving' either

lynden,

p.s i have pics if u want them?

Was speculation that you crashed on the forum, couple of threads got locked. Was it on the Cat and Fiddle per chance? Someone said they saw a 200's arse step out when going round some corner. I think there's a difference between not paying attention round a bend and the back end stepping out.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=485487

Last edited:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I know, I didn't think I was going fast enough to unsettle the car but it's a lesson learnt anyway

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh but only ones through work, not power ones, I went on ones about awareness etc etc

No mate, that's a very mature attitude to have. Very few would ever admit that.

A little nudge like that might be enough to calm you down and realise you need to improve.

Maybe try your local IAM, they are a bit set in their ways but the principals might help you.

320d
If you've spent £14K i'd spend a bit more getting proper tuition. On or off track.

Other than that just practicing in safe loctions would help. At 19 you have little experience, coming from a 19 year old, the only way to get it is to practice.

320d
Maybe try your local IAM, they are a bit set in their ways but the principals might help you.

I did the IAM course and found it good. However they don't teach you to drive enthusiastically so to speak, that usually requires further private tuition.

A guy who took me in his car from the IAM had a list of driving qualifications as long as your arm. He was in his 60's drove a Seat Cordoba TDI, but he could drive the wheels off it. Tyre squeel etc, the car just always felt planted and balanced. I was amazed how good he was.

I'm going to do a lot of advanced training when I get the time, I find it genuinely interesting.

Yeh definatly, I feel like I've spent 14k and can't drive it properly (awaits abuse from all corners of CS)

Fair play to you. It's almost like you accept that the high horse heroes were correct. All credit to you for having the balls to admit you fucked it up.

10 man points your way -x-

williams and trophy
have a look around for a skidpan too while your at it mate. there used to be one in blackburn that wasnt bad.

you can never know enough about driving imho. no matter how good you think you are.

personally i think a young kid such as yourself in a quick car is an accident waiting to happen. so if they are willing to undergo some kind of tuition, whether it be a ride out with an old hand for a few pointers, or expert tuition, its a step in the right direction.

PH2 172
I know its not a clio sport but my mates just turned 18 and driving round in a brand new corsa VXR artic edition

LY 200
I have owned performance cars since 19 until now (25) and never even come 'close' to binning one!

Why theres a need for special driving courses (14k 2.0 Clio or not) i dont know as its not a f**king supercar! Just slow down and be safe FFS!

Barge
Was speculation that you crashed on the forum, couple of threads got locked. Was it on the Cat and Fiddle per chance? Someone said they saw a 200's arse step out when going round some corner. I think there's a difference between not paying attention round a bend and the back end stepping out.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=485487

Yep... Didn't say he was trashing it about either did he... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showpost.php?p=6414527&postcount=16

Fair play to owning up and taking it on the chin, but having done what you just have to your car, I certainly wouldn't be encouraging anyone younger than you and probably inexperienced too to go on any runs with you!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yep... Didn't say he was trashing it about either did he... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showpost.php?p=6414527&postcount=16

Fair play to owning up and taking it on the chin, but having done what you just have to your car, I certainly wouldn't be encouraging anyone younger than you and probably inexperienced too to go on any runs with you!

when we do the runs its in convoy of about 10 cars and its more about the road than pushing your car right to the limit, if anyone starts racing or doing stupid overtakes or driving on a run we just tell them to stop or do one basically

Barge
I fail to see your point, but I made mine clear. There's a difference between going quick into a corner and the back end coming round against not paying attention.

You're not reading it in context of the rest of the post. But nevermind.

320d
I have owned performance cars since 19 until now (25) and never even come 'close' to binning one!

Why theres a need for special driving courses (14k 2.0 Clio or not) i dont know as its not a f**king supercar! Just slow down and be safe FFS!

Your missing the point. The point is he is saying he isnt a very experienced driver at the minute and wants to learn. Whether your driving a 1.0 Corsa or a Veyron extra expereince and training will always be benificial.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i told u about braking mid corner....away and get some driving tuition mate..seriously.

Fancy giving me some?

FLOL!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously mate! - You don't know what you're letting yourself in for. I'm spent alot of time on track and Jon is one of the few guys who made me reach for the grab handle whilst we pirouetted across the grass at about 100! LOL!

LY 200
Your missing the point. The point is he is saying he isnt a very experienced driver at the minute and wants to learn. Whether your driving a 1.0 Corsa or a Veyron extra expereince and training will always be benificial.

I am getting the point and its a load of rubbish tbh!

You do not need special driving tuition at 19 to drive a hot hatch (Supercar yes but not hot hatch) regardless of what you say so its simply a case of taking it easy (as everyone should regardless of age) until 'certainly safe' to open things up a little! If you stick by that rule you will be fine!

Having a few fancy driving courses under your belt may make you abit wiser (i doubt for long in most boy racers cases) but doesnt automatically mean your entitled to drive any different on the road.

320d
I am getting the point and its a load of rubbish tbh!

You do not need special driving tuition at 19 to drive a hot hatch (Supercar yes but not hot hatch) regardless of what you say so its simply a case of taking it easy (as everyone should regardless of age) until 'certainly safe' to open things up a little! If you stick by that rule you will be fine!

Having a few fancy driving courses under your belt may make you abit wiser (i doubt for long in most boy racers cases) but doesnt automatically mean your entitled to drive any different on the road.

It doesn't mean your going to be anything special no. However it will enable you to enjoy driving more and be safer.

I don't think we're going to agree on this.

It doesn't matter whether you drive a 1000bhp Skyline or a 1.1 Saxo. Everybody can benifit from training.

320d
What do people recommend training wise?

For a cheap start out towards further road training Alex i'd recommend the Insitute of Advanced Motorists. Its not expensive, teaches you a few things that certainly help, you then do a test and if you pass membership to the IAM.

I also got 25% off insurance for doing it. Which to me makes it worth it alone.

I think its £139 all in. Including all of your observed runs, test and a years membership.

williams and trophy
FLOL!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously mate! - You don't know what you're letting yourself in for. I'm spent alot of time on track and Jon is one of the few guys who made me reach for the grab handle whilst we pirouetted across the grass at about 100! LOL!

lol....im still pulling remnants of fingernails out the dash..........;)

yeah i can go a bit too far from time to time....iv spun 4 times in my driving career, all on track, all while pushing it too far for the tyres to cope with......only ever hit anything once, and that was glancing the tyre wall at oulton.

and iv been driving longer than youv been born ;)