ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Youngest V6 driver

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Dash said:
Has to be Andy. :rasp:
I make a rare visit to CS and what do I find :(.

I was still the coolest body boarder on the beach at Southsea on Sunday tho' :rasp:.

Southsea-9.jpg

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Curiously the pictures I took in Southsea on Sunday have a spooky relevance :S.

Kiss my ...

Southsea-11.jpg

Jainy said:
I'm "OLD" and drive a Vee....!!!! (and not ashamed :eek: to admit it...!!!!) It has its benefits being old, like having no kids :D and getting really cheap insurance quotes on it...!!! :D :D

And as DazG very rightly pointed out....."Show's your young at heart..!!!! " :rasp:
How old are you then? No offence

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
christ, how the f**k does a 20 yr old have, or earn enough to afford a 20k motor???!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

MENTAL

BMW Z4 3.0i
From whom/where do you get free car insurance if you have a victoria cross? I'm going to Basrah in a few weeks. Hmm, the highest recognition for valour in the face of the enemy, that sounds easy enough!:dapprove: I'll have to join the SAS on some patrols when on my days off from fixing aircraft!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
GazCB said:
From whom/where do you get free car insurance if you have a victoria cross? I'm going to Basrah in a few weeks. Hmm, the highest recognition for valour in the face of the enemy, that sounds easy enough!:dapprove: I'll have to join the SAS on some patrols when on my days off from fixing aircraft!

he was joking lol

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
GazCB said:

Dude....I'm not 63 and I don't have a Victoria Cross....thought my sense of humour would have been understood...;)

I'm really 17 on R plates and get free insurance because I don't need to insure myself as I am a driving God...:rasp:

gt_gaz said:
christ, how the f**k does a 20 yr old have, or earn enough to afford a 20k motor???!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

MENTAL

no way could I have ever got mummy and daddy to part with 23k when I was 20! FFS!

I cant see how people have 172/182s at 18 to 23. I have a really good job, earn a few quid and I still cant justify it at the moment. rant over.

BMW 120i Sport
Anyone can get anything on tick, far too easy to get hold of credit cards and loans now :).

Simple really: live at home with parents, take out a whopping loan over 6+ years, pay very little rent back and literally work to make the monthly payments/insurance/fuel.

Believe me, I work in a bank and i've seen some of the enormous debts young people ring up to have the latest car/holiday/phone to impress their mates. We live in a never never generation now, but it's keeping the banks making bumper profits which is awesome for me :D.

I know that's not always the case on here (i'm not prejudging anyone on this thread!), but it's how the vast majority of people buy expensive cars at a young age. Some of the contractors I work beside in IT earn ~£100k a year, yet they potter about in a base model Golf or a Vectra. Then there are lads in the contact centre earning a tenth of that who have a brand spanking Cooper-S, Type-R or FRS.

False economy.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Big G said:
Anyone can get anything on tick, far too easy to get hold of credit cards and loans now :).

Simple really: live at home with parents, take out a whopping loan over 6+ years, pay very little rent back and literally work to make the monthly payments/insurance/fuel.

Believe me, I work in a bank and i've seen some of the enormous debts young people ring up to have the latest car/holiday/phone to impress their mates. We live in a never never generation now, but it's keeping the banks making bumper profits which is awesome for me :D.

I know that's not always the case on here (i'm not prejudging anyone on this thread!), but it's how the vast majority of people buy expensive cars at a young age. Some of the contractors I work beside in IT earn ~£100k a year, yet they potter about in a base model Golf or a Vectra. Then there are lads in the contact centre earning a tenth of that who have a brand spanking Cooper-S, Type-R or FRS.

False economy.

Yes this is a good post- It doesnt matter if you have a V6, 182, 172- more importantly is the fact that you own the vehicle- Or at least are in a position where you own it in a short space of time-
Far to many people take out loans/Finance & find out at the end they are almost in negative Equity-

Depreciation is Be-ach- And V6's are re-known for being bad.. however I did quite well on mine-

First Vee-- Paid 19K masters of Beckenham- Got written off ( Not my fault) a month later- got 18.8 K off the insurance-
Second Vee- bought a 52 Plate one for 17K- sold it a year later for 15.5K-

God knows how long I will keep this one..??
At the end of the day live within your means is the best policy otherwise you will be living with your parents forever-
Im 30 and happy with the third one- its all mine- Plus one hefty mortgage,....

S

RobV6 said:
I'm 24 so i dont count as the youngest V6 driver, but my gf might do she's 18

18 - no chance, she's got a long way to go to be the youngest:

newstuff152.gif

I think 2 years and 4 months must win this one, lol.

Clio 172 mk2
Big G said:

False economy.

I couldn't agree more....driving around in espensive new cars doesn't mean s**t....you know most are on tick.

My 172 may be four years old now but I brought it with my own money:D

E91 M Sport
Big G, you have a 120i now - you flash b*****d! ;) How does it compare to the 320d?

Btw, good point - debt for some people must be getting silly now.

CLIO V6
Yeah i work in a bank aswell Big G - it is so so scary when you see people in so much debt you wonder how they sleep at night and afford to make/meet payments.

BMW 120i Sport
miketheman2k said:
Big G, you have a 120i now - you flash b*****d! ;) How does it compare to the 320d?

Btw, good point - debt for some people must be getting silly now.

Mike! Not as flash as your frugal commute car and rear engine mental weekend beast! That V6 looks awesome.

The 1 series a much better handling car than the 320d, the handling is awesome (being a sport on staggered 17" wheels) - definitely on par with the 182 but a much better/lower driving position (plus it's very well made, no rattles ;) ). I miss the torque of the 320d and the economy, but the 120i returns ~35 mpg combined. Only bother with the 320d was that it has a big service not far away, and no warranty - the turbo was getting noisy so it was time for it to go; i'm in the process of moving out my folk's place into my own, so wanted peace of mind motoring (beemer warranty and long service intervals on the 1 series - 17k miles or two years!).

Hows the Vee?

E91 M Sport
Sounds like your perfect car (well, for everyday use anyway!) I like them, good choice.

The Vee is really cool, loving the whole madness of it (again) and I've got a silly loud Quicksilver exhaust coming in the next couple of weeks, so they'll all be able to hear me coming ;)