ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your 1st service - when and where

Hi Guys,

Its been a long time since ive been in the forum, so long in fact my car is now a year old and on 9000 miles.

I dont want to start the whole oil debate for the thousandth time but when did u al get ur car first serviced? Renault said 18,000 miles or 24 months!!!!

I changed my oil after its first 1000 miles and dont fancy paying £120 quid now if all their going to do is and air and oil change.

Do you know what they do? is anything serviced apart from those 2 which i can do myself?

Just wondering as i cant decide wether to get is serviced now if if theres no need.

Cheers :)

Mav

18k or 24 months for 1.2 dynamique, i just had mine done after 5k cos it had been sat round for a year and not driven.

DID YOU KNOW THAT PROVIDING YOU USE GENUINE RENAULT PARTS YOU SERVICING CAN BE DONE AT A GARAGE OF YOUR CHOICE. YOUR WARRANTY IS STILL IN FORCE - JUST KEEP THE RECIEPTS FOR THE BITS. £ 125.00 FOR A FIRST SERVICE - ALL THEY DO IS TOP THE LEVELS UP & CHANGE THE OIL. THE £65.00 A WEEK APPRENTICE USUALLY DOES THIS THEN THEY TAKE YOUR CAR OUT FOR A 1 HR TEST DRIVE AND NAIL IT !! ANY EXTRAS THEY FIND THEY WILL RING YOU AND TELL YOU OF ANY EXTRA COSTS. £52.00 AN HOUR LABOUR RATE THOUGH SO GET YOURSELF SOME SPANNERS AND TAKE UP MECHANICING AS AN HOBBY !! TRUST ME I WORK THERE.

Hi Mav I totally Agree with CB1A - Renault are a Joke when it comes to servicing intervals for the 172 !- My local dealer sold me the car yet when i ring them to check the service intervals they didnt know ! I found out the necessary info on here to start with.

I went to my trusted local (VAT registered) garage and they did first service for under £90 while using all Renault Parts (bought from local renault dealership) and this included the Pollen Filter which my dealer wanted to charge £30 + vat for ! (just to buy !)

As long as you use renault approved parts your warranty IS STILL VALID . Renault wont admit this because they will loose so many customers as they take the P+ss with their charges but i checked with my solicitor and Top Gear Magazine just to be sure and you can use any garage which is vat registered just as long as you use ORIGINAL Renault Parts.

Also how come Renault Dealers sell products which they know nothing about ? worrying when you buy the damn car from them ?

There is some confusion on here about the above statments but if you check with your solicitor / watchdog etc...they will confirm this is the case.

Also the service interval is 12,000 or 12 months with either one month or 1,000 limit to keep under warranty.

Hope this Helps

:)