ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

YOUR Game of the year 2011

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Close one between BF3 and Skyrim, probably BF3 though as I enjoy FPS games more.

RS6 C7
MW3, Loads of people moan about it but i think it's a genuinely good game, I don't seem to get much lag at all, Iv'e played cod since cod4 and i think it's the best one since cod4 for me.

AK

M240i
Yup.

I (and a few others) thought it was s**t, but played it a bit and it's really good!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Way, way better.

I really didn't think it would be... but it really is.

FONV was a disappointment for me, I wasted it to be like FO3 and it wasn't as good IMO.

Skyrim is miles better than either, and that's saying something!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Way, way better.

FONV was a disappointment for me, I wasted it to be like FO3 and it wasn't as good IMO.

Exactly this.

Skyrim, by a country f**king mile.

Portal 2 was damned good fun but lacked the impact of the original and it's hard to compare a game, no matter how good, that you can finish in a couple of hours to a game like Skyrim where I'm 150+ hours in and still have shitloads to do.

Not got BF3 yet though and being a complete slave to the BF franchise since the release of BF1942 I'm sure I'll love it when I finally get round to it. Gotta finish Skyrim first though. There's not enough room in my life for both of them.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Way, way better.

Exactly the same as me. Barely made 3 hours into it. I just felt it was an expansion to Fallout 3, rather than a stand-alone game in its own right.

FONV didn't grab my attention at all :(

Skyrim, in girl form, would be Kate Beckinsale

....in Underworld form, of course.

D.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
From my enjoyment it would be BF3. Put over 60 hours into the MP, and will be putting in many many more.

Skyrim probably deserves it though. It was great fun, but got a bit samey after 80 hours of playtime, which is understandable to be honest.

There are a handful of contenders that I've not played yet so I can't really comment. Of those I have I thoroughly enjoyed portal 2 and Forza 4.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I enjoyed Deus Ex but it didn't hit me as hard as I expected it too. It's also one of the worst graphical productions on the 360, considering it's competition. However, it wasn't about the graphics, more the gameplay and hook. It had both of those. Really enjoyed it, but as soon as I finished it I knew that was my lot with it and it was sold. Same with LA Noire. Finished it, sold it. Quite enjoyed that too. Very linear game, but every time I put it on I got something from it.

F82 M4
What sort of a bump is that? :dapprove:

So, you're saying every game in the past 13 years has been shite?
icon_scratch.gif

QuakeIII was better than UT.

But then I fuckin loved UT2k3. Playing the Bombing Run game mode with insta-gib guns was about as good as arena based MP FPS games gets.

Audi TT 225
Nothing like a little bit of trolling :) On a serious note my point was anything since that era is basically the same with improved graphics and I've played a lot of FPS games in my time! Obviously I'm rather biased when it comes to UT but IMO the main problem these days is there is no sense of community (due to the sheer volume of titles available IMO) like there was back then, people either played UT, Q3 or CS. We had a LAN session the other week and it's always the classics that people want to play. C&C (Generals/ZeroHour/RedAlert), UT, Q2/Q3. I can't see any modern games having the same appeal in 10 years time. I'm not getting into the Q3 vs UT argument as they are both fantastic games which appealed in different ways. Ironically Q3 for me has got better over time. As a hard core (I mean hard core, you name it we competed in it) UT instagibber I didn't really have time for Q3 back then.

F82 M4
Well I agree but only to some aspects. I've just come back from LAN this weekend (was awesome) and the main games being played were TF2, Borderlands 2, CS:GO and Warsow. Don't get me wrong, we did bash some of the retro games out, at one point we were even smashing Mario Kart on a Snes emulator. :cool:

The only game I play religiously is CS 1.6 so I do agree the games back in that era are still holding on to the current competative scene. :)