ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

your insurance cost & who you're with at what age? sport models only

LY 172
182 cup,
ARB
Btb exhaust
Coilovers down 60mm
Induction kit
Roll cage
Recaros

All declared

9 points and a claim. (all 1 incident)
1 year ncb
4 years with a licence
Age 22
12000 miles a year
Fully comp
500 excess
Admiral multicar
£1200

Clio & Mini
20, 2yrs NCB, 0 points, fully comp, all mods declared, 182 = £1800

THEN

20, 2yrs NCB, 3 points, fully comp, all mods declared, 182 = £2200 :( O well aha

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted Naith. I'm waiting untill August now, as i'll have been driving for 2 years then, so the insurance comes down a lot more.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Was 17yrs old,
no mods.

Fully comp,3 points,1yr NCB, 8months driving, own name with mom and nan on policy = £1,500

Now 20yrs old,
197 or 200

Just looking but fully comp, 0 points, 3yrs NCB, 3years 6months driving = £800

Both with admiral.

Or wait 3months and insure a M3 E46 for £1,100 admiral again.

Clio & Mini
I am not to bothered tbh Joe aha, obviously I would rather have not got them but incurring 'points' at some point from people I know (from all walks) seem to get done lol. And it was for parking 2/3 down the zig zags of traffic lights in a rough dock lands area lmfao

RB 182
9 year ncb
Age 30
8000 miles a year
Fully comp
£250 excess
£80 windscreen
Brentacre
£385

I've been with them for 2 years now as no one comes close to them, they have gone up £40 each year and considering the car had a cage, and aftermarket everything for track days, I was shocked when the renewal had gone up despite removing the cage, coileys and exhaust! There are still mods on there so not as if Brentacre put the price up because it was standard... Am I just being silly or should the price go down/remain the same especially when you get to 30 with a good road record etc... They keep saying %20 extra each year but I would have thought the age thing would have made it evens if not better?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Just had my renewal through:

Brentacre.

Car: 172 cup
Area: NW London boarders
No claims: 8 years
Miles: 10,000 per annum
Protected NCD
Mods: All declared with 200bhp limit

£549.00 fully comp

107 Track Car & C4
Elephant

Car: 2004 Clio 182
Area: Bournemouth, Dorset
No claims: 4 Years (1 No-Fault Accident)
Miles: 7,000 Per Annum

£870'ish Fully Comp with GF as named driver (Only been driving 3 months)

Ibiza FR Edition
Renewal is-

Admiral

Car: 2005 Clio 182
Area: Portishead, North Somerset
No claims: 2 Years
Miles: 8,000 Per Annum
Licence clean.. no claims.

£618 fully comp, 2 occupations and business use. Pretty pleased to be honest.. I paid as much for the 1.2 last year!

Renewal was at the start of the month.

Admiral.

Ph1 172
Area: Nottingham (C rated postcode)
NCB: 3 years
0 points/claims etc
National breakdown cover included

£650ish fully comprehensive.

Last edited:
  Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
11.99 to go on my dads insurance for 3days if I borrow the car over the weekend. I'm 31, no points or accidents. Standard 182 insured with Liverpool Victoria. Was happy when I found out as i thought it would be a lot more and I would only be driving the car at track days and sprints etc. Which woul have been a shame as my xr2 helped fund the clio and I enjoyed the occasion b road run in something that is fun to drive.

I'm lucky my dad thinks sharing cars with me is a good idea!

330Ci cab
33, no points, no claims, 9 yrs NCB protected, £600 fc with brentacre. been with them 8 years now and nobody comes close and ive had a range of cars. my postcode is the reason the premium is high, but we cant all live in areas populated by elderly, rich etc where there is low risk. AND, just to top it all, when my cosworth was wrote off by a stolen bus, i bought another, lost 4 years NCB as i had to claim and they made sure the premium was the same.

insurance companys = extortionists, but ill stick with the small broker, mainstream can kiss my ass. smaller delivers a way better service

PH1 172
3 points
1 claim
0 NCB
Stripped, Buckets, Harnesses, Wheels, Coilovers, Ktec Exhaust, OMP Wheel, Flocked Dash

£1489 with Brentacre

Considering on paper i look like an insurance nightmare im happy with that

04 Monaco Blue 172
04 172
im with highway through premium choice
6 years no claims
no mods
fully comp
5000 milage
£700

Main Driver
26, male, 7 years NCB
C rated posted (B31)
No previous claims, no points

Names driver
23 female, license since september 2009
No previous claims, no points

Both cars are standard and are insured for SDPC and Businses use. Premiums are paid monthly and prices below include interest costs on premiums.
Z3 2.0 £900
Puma 1.7 £600