ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

your opinion of the mk3?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
See rather than spending the money on re-mapping and making the 1600cc going faster are you not better spending the money on a Ph1 or Ph2 172?

I would!

320d
See rather than spending the money on re-mapping and making the 1600cc going faster are you not better spending the money on a Ph1 or Ph2 172?

I would!

good point, but from the dummy quotes i've done presuming this time next year if i stay claim free i will be 19 with 1 years ncb and i cannot find reasonable insuance quotes of say £1600 max, which is annoying because 182's will be available of the whole with both cup packs and fsh for circa £6000 next year.

So i think it will have to be 1600cc for a year or two, but i will spend a day of my life next year riniging around for insurance on a 1*2 and if i can find it at a decent price i wouldnt think twice. i only do circa 7000 miles a year so fuel isnt a problem realy, tax is higher but you get what you pay for...

320d
although people do manage to get insured on them at 19, people say bell etc but they dont want to know, maybe if i have a good ring around it may be achieveable, but doubt it :( and i'm not paying mega money on it after all its only a clio worth £4000-6000

Mondeo TDCI 130
Saw a couple at FCS and thought who brought their family hatch.

I saw a few carzone kitted Mk2 Clio's with Laguna engines in the back also

like this?? (he steered away from the laguna lump, went for the 1.4):rasp:

v6rep.jpg

Mondeo TDCI 130
Serious response : Love the 197, just evolution, everything is growing slightly due to better safety features etc etc, and renault try with that! Also, much better to work on by the looks of things!!

I like the look of the 197, I like the front arches on them, the way they are quite wide & have the little vent things in them.

LY V6 with Recaros
I like the look of the 197, didn't like them when they first came out but they've grown on me. Love the wideness of them.

LY V6 with Recaros
^ Of course! ;)

I actually saw a blue 197 coming towards me from a distance the other day and thought it was a vee! Lol, I think I'm going blind though :eek:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
It's too heavy. It's also too heavy, whilst being a bit too heavy.

I do like the 197 Cup as its a bit trick, but im currently gettin 44mpg out of my Cup at the moment and im not really much slower.

White Sti Hatch
Its been done already by everyone and the running costs of a Sport compaird to mine are to big id rather mess with a Mk3.. You have a good point though but i like being diffrent, learn by doing !

I would!

My view of the mk3 is that its shat!
well shat looking anyway.
The back looks awful worse then a megane
nice head on just about and side profile not bad
but the overall shape its like a beetle on steriods

Wait for a new one to come out...

White Sti Hatch
My view of the mk3 is that its shat!
well shat looking anyway.
The back looks awful worse then a megane
nice head on just about and side profile not bad
but the overall shape its like a beetle on steriods

Wait for a new one to come out...

Best post in here so far !! :lolup:

Nissan 350z
I personally think the Mk3's all look very samey. Perhaps ive not studied them close enough but i cant really tell the difference between a 197 or a bog standard 1.2.

I think they got it right when they did the Mk2 Ph1 and the Mk2 Ph1 172s. Even none Clio owners could tell a 172 when they saw it.

ST
I personally think the Mk3's all look very samey. Perhaps ive not studied them close enough but i cant really tell the difference between a 197 or a bog standard 1.2.

I think they got it right when they did the Mk2 Ph1 and the Mk2 Ph1 172s. Even none Clio owners could tell a 172 when they saw it.

I'll have a gram of what you're on..

White Sti Hatch

Alan i can get you more for Cheap Cheap ! ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Here it is again for its six monthly airing. Its my '197's look have no presence' pic ;)

P1040342.jpg

White Sti Hatch
If you see a 172/182 coming up your ass on the motorway you thnk nothing of it but if you see a 197 or even a standard one imo it has road presence !!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Looks alot better imo.....

Would you say a Vees lardy as well ! ?

No the Vee is muscular...its not lardy.

The MK2 isn't a beefcake because it didn't need to be. All these EU crash test requirements have made the MK3 what it is....tall and heavy.
Compare the old shape Corsa with the new shape one.....same situation, as with the Mini.