ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozza/btm vs piper exhausts

Juhu_United

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 BG
Hello everybody, I'm thinking of getting a new exhaust and am wondering if anyone has any opinions about the yozza/btm vs a piper exhaust. I would only be going for a catback option as it is a daily driver so don't want it stupidly loud, but I just fancy a bit of an upgrade as I have had the car for a year now.

Anyway as I said if anyone has any opinions regarding build quality, ease of fitment and especially volume (ie, which is louder) could you let me know please :)

turbo 182
Ive got a piper with standard cat, it's quiet on tick over and really comes into its own when giving it stick, build quality is good but I don't like the design of the backbox/tail pipes
The design of it makes it heavier on one side and makes one tail pipe sag more than the other, also only 1 tail pipe gets sooted up with carbon all most makes the other tail pipe look like a fake lol

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Well I have the Newer BTM exhaust rather than a Yozza and the build quality is amazing.

It's certianly not stupid loud but still has a really nice note to it.

turbo 182
Yeah I regret not going for the btm system now, but I got the piper for £420 as opposed to £500+ for Freds system

RS Clio 182
Definitely the BTM! Fits the best, looks the best, and also has a really nice tone to it. Build Uluru is also spot on

Everyone on here seems to think the btm system is the greatest exhaust ever made so chances are everyone will recommend that and that's what you'll buy.

I've had a piper cat back exhaust on my 182 for around 18 months now and I use my car for a mixture of motorway driving, driving around town and back road driving because I live in the sticks.

On idle it's got a lovely note to it and gives the car a sense of occasion when you fire it up.

Around town it's pretty civilised and nice a quiet.

On the motorway it's pretty much the perfect exhaust, at 60-70 it's silent and I mean exactly like standard which is exactly what you want. At 80 you can start to hear it but it's not a drone it's just because the revs are starting to get a bit high as you'd expect. Any faster than that road and wind noise take over and you can't hear it at all.

On the back roads when giving it some stick it really comes into its own and makes a lovely sound. It also sounds great when blipping the throttle on downshifts, get the occasional pop and gargle when it's nice and hot too.

Me and a friend fitted the exhaust on his drive way and it couldn't be easier.

I think the quality of the welds is very good and overall I'd recommend it. I use powerflex mounts and I don't suffer from the same problem @scooby-93 suffers from. My exhaust sits level.

I personally don't like the way you can see the btm back box from the back of the car and the piper is also considerably cheaper.

Piper comes highly recommended.

turbo 182
Everyone on here seems to think the btm system is the greatest exhaust ever made so chances are everyone will recommend that and that's what you'll buy.

I've had a piper cat back exhaust on my 182 for around 18 months now and I use my car for a mixture of motorway driving, driving around town and back road driving because I live in the sticks.

On idle it's got a lovely note to it and gives the car a sense of occasion when you fire it up.

On the motorway it's pretty much the perfect exhaust, at 60-70 it's silent and I mean exactly like standard which is exactly what you want. At 80 you can start to hear it but it's not a drone it's just because the revs are starting to get a bit high as you'd expect. Any faster than that road and wind noise take over and you can't hear it at all.

On the back roads when giving it some stick it really comes into its own and makes a lovely sound. It also sounds great when blipping the throttle on downshifts, get the occasional pop and gargle when it's nice and hot too.

I think the quality of the welds is very good and overall I'd recommend it. I use powerflex mounts and I don't suffer from the same problem @scooby-93 suffers from. My exhaust sits level.

I personally don't like the way you can see the btm back box from the back of the car and the piper is also considerably cheaper.

Ive got brand new Centre and rear mounts, rear mounts where filled
Full of tiger seal and allowed a week to fully harden/set, yet still the right tail pipe sits lower, no matter how much you faf on moving the mounts round adding or removing washers it dose sit slightly lower, also I found that crushing up to 50mph was almost silent 60-70 was droney then at 80 it quieten down again

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Just to update you guys on this, I purchased a new style Yozza from Fred.
Superb built system and fantastic customer service. Please excuse the dirty car. It's about 2mm off centre at the moment but I'm going to wait till it's had a few heat cycles and settled then adjust to suit.

imagejpg1_zps3a5c0808.jpg
imagejpg2_zps07a37b5b.jpg

imagejpg3_zps96464655.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsf99f1fb4.jpg

imagejpg1_zps4c2b034b.jpg

Anyone wondering what it sounds like on a completely stock, cat equiped car, it's here.
System should get a little louder as it beds in, car was nice and hit too. Lovely and quiet but screams when you rev the conkers off it! Lol

Extract from a thread i posted just last week

Juhu_United

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 BG

Thank you very much for your reply, that's exactly the info I wanted. What powerflex mounts did you use?

Thanks everyone for your opinions, I want to be as informed as possible before I spend £400+

Thank you very much for your reply, that's exactly the info I wanted. What powerflex mounts did you use?

Thanks everyone for your opinions, I want to be as informed as possible before I spend £400+

No problem at all. I also did a lot of research when looking for mine.

These are the mounts. You need two of these and with a slight trim they fit into the existing Renault brackets then you can fit up your exhaust to get it sitting perfectly and drill through the powerflex mount. They work brilliantly.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231379456948?nav=SEARCH