ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozza fitted today!!! Pic Heavy

Civic Type S GT
Do you find it less 'raspy' than the youtube vids (even the ones with cats)? I do which is a bit disappointing tbh, wonder if they changed the design recently.

That's a good point, it's not raspy like in the YouTube videos or owlt, so wonder if something has been changed. It's still great though!!!

As for the mounts, the old ones got taken off and replaced with brand new ones yesterday.

Da

Less
:eek: Can't believe you had an issue getting it fitted mate! I did mine at the roadside on jacks and had no problems getting it fully aligned.

Gutted you cut it :dapprove:

Glad you're happy with it though :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
The lengths some people will go to for perfection - and it's worth it :approve:
Looks great Cal

200 FF Storm Grey
Was it not just your mounts mate? I had to go buy new the morning mine went on as it was clear they'd gone slack.

I cringed when I saw the picture where it'd been hacked off

Regarding the rasp, mine seemed to disapear after a long blast down to weymouth with the mrs, only been on a week, once I got to Weymouth I was driving round with the windows open wondering where my rasp had gone :( Sad times lol. But it prob sounds alot better from the outside, mates often tell me about the 'indescribable noise' mine boars out everytime I pass them on the motorway.

Will have to get somebody to film it so I know!

Civic Type S GT
I'll have to meet you in chorley again or something pal then I can record it.

Put new mounts on the car when it got fitted mate, it just wouldn't sit right at all, tips were wonky and one tip would sit in further than the other etc...

It's never rasped since I've had it mate, there's another member on here who also having same problem. BUT.... It does sound lush though!!! :cool:

200 FF Storm Grey
Aye, i'll pop out on my dinner hour when the weater picks up and we'll grab a macdonalds.

There prob isn't a set in stone way with them systems as everybody seems to have different heights, projections etc.. when you see mine you'll notice it sits further in by about an inch even though everything looked spot on underneath and mounts/brackets were new.

Clio 182ff
I know everyone here is being polite....but dude, are you a mentalist????

You paid £300+ for that system - you should have sent it back. If Yozza say its built for a 182, then it should fit 'straight looking' on a 182 by law!

If Apple sent you a wonky iphone, you would send it back right? Anyway, why not buy Milltek?

am not a fan of this mod am afraid...:S

200 FF Storm Grey
No the 2nd funnily enough lol

Had the tracking done last week when it was cold and noticed it for the 1st time while it was up on the ramps, pipe to the left pupming all the gas out.

Sure somebody good with physics could put an explanation to it.

Black Gold Trophy
I've seen this time and time again, people will cut an exhaust up and reweld it before spending a fair amount of time using the available adjustment to get the desired look.

Having said that, wouldn't have these problems if more manufacturers used bolt secured flanges rather than sleeve joints and the micky mouse cat to centre pipe join that the 182 has!

Artic Blime 182
No the 2nd funnily enough lol

Had the tracking done last week when it was cold and noticed it for the 1st time while it was up on the ramps, pipe to the left pupming all the gas out.

Sure somebody good with physics could put an explanation to it.

Not much to explain really, it will follow the easiest path which is the left pipe. The right pipe would mean that they would require a section internally to gate the fumes through the first and i dont believe they do. Does that make sense?
An mine does it to, doesnt look the best as it make the right pipe look fake. Mental that the exhaust was cut.

Artic Blime 182
Cunney does this help?

Untitled.png

Note quite accurate lol.

Doesnt a leaking shock mean a replacement? Or can they be split and re-sealed?

200 FF Storm Grey
Yeh I understand now mate, cheers lol

I'd generally replace a shock for what it's worth, £50?

Just on the gases exiting from one pipe... have a look at the torque curve if you split it and have two separate backboxes... and then at the peak power figures, if you split it in the back box and have one pipe into the backbox & then two coming out (aka supersprint)

We decided that longevity (in that the supersprint & orbisoud are more race systems) & a balance of both torque and power was the best solution hence the design as it is and the fact that the backboxes last very well indeed! Hence they hold their value...

/y0z

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Martin!?!? As in we use to work together martin!?!? Anyway the fitting was £70 bud.

yes lol i still lurk on here a fair bit... westgate have always been good when i've been down there good prices on tyres too!

Civic Type S GT
Marrrtin! Lol! Yeah there awesome with there prices for tyres, funnily enough I need new tyres soon, Toyo proxes me thinks!