ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozzasport 4 pots for mk1?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
yozzas were much cheaper..and used stnd discs iirc no need for 285mm discs they are a waste of money

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
yer yozza is doing them circa £410, that includes pads, fluid, rear hoses, braided hoses for the front and the 4pots. v good price for what u get.

clio 200 F4Rt
ah right, i see.

as for bigger discs being a waste of money, not if you want ultimate braking force.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
its more about the clamping force of the caliper than the size of the disc, if you wanted "ultimate" braking force then you would be talking 6pots and by the time the disc was affecting the braking rather than the other components, you have one very serius and expensive set-up.
the downside to the 285 vs 260 is, the extra 25mm of disc doesnt really make the braking much better and taking into consideration the extra £££ and handaling issues of having a bigger disc alot of ppl decide against it.

clio 200 F4Rt
if we talking ultimate... why not some TAROX 10 Pots?? lol.

bigger disc allows greater leverage, and better heat dispertion.

but as you say, with the ill effects of more unsprung weight etc.

i guess you pays your money, and makes your choice!

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
big fat wrong.

Jamie_Williams3 said:
its more about the clamping force of the caliper than the size of the disc, if you wanted "ultimate" braking force then you would be talking 6pots and by the time the disc was affecting the braking rather than the other components, you have one very serius and expensive set-up.
the downside to the 285 vs 260 is, the extra 25mm of disc doesnt really make the braking much better and taking into consideration the extra £££ and handaling issues of having a bigger disc alot of ppl decide against it.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
i thought your brakes were only as good as the weakest link, and the discs dont make that much difference when talking about going from 260 to 285. thats what i was told

Brakes are ONLY about converting kinetic to thermal energy.

Clamping force has very little to do with things.

Brakes work by forming and braking bonds between the pads and the pad deposition layer on the disc, not the iron itself.

The disc has a great influence because you are affecting the torque moment from the centre, so a larger disc required less pad force, dissipates heat better and has minimal effects on unsprung weight. The wheel you have to move upto to cover a large disc has more influence.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
tbf, i have u tried ringing him? his no is on his website and he always ans everytime ive phoned