ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yup, thats broken

Clio 172
Had a "minor" incident at work the other day where a guy at work reversed into the side of my 172. Considering the damage to his car (a Rav4 and nearly no damage) I'm quite impressed with what hes managed to do to mine.
DSC00154.gif
Anyone had anything similar? Im just trying to figure out the cost and whether its going to be a write-off.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd say it's a write off, also the Michael Myers face is a little scary.

Halloween11_Poster.jpg

Last edited:

Da

Less
Christopher had his rear wing replaced after it was vandalised, I'm sure it was around the £1500 mark all in.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I have a replica of that mask, is that creepy?

thought so, i'll leave...

Clio 172
speed reversing ftl

Was only about 5 mph if that. They seem to bend easy.

Is it me or is there a right hand in there too? I'll park it the other way tomorrow when the guy comes to pick it up, make sure he doesn't see the face of death! :D

Wtf how did you spot that? my old 306 had a new rear quater before i bought it could'nt even tell it had been done, dont think it will be cheap though.

how on earth can u say its over 1000!?!?!?!?

its only a back panel. get to scrappers, then take it down to paint shop.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Hard luck mate, have similar damage on mine atm where some kind person decided to kick the side in...

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

Been quoted £2300 through Renault (gulp) and am going to get some new quotes at the weekend, as I might as well pull down my trousers and bend over if I'm paying that price lol

M2 Competition
A good insurance approved bodyshop will do it for around £1200, £1500 max.

£2300 is comically high!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
yeah so who cares about the dent, wtf is that face then ? are you albino, also it looks like maybe its a "Grey" alien, as he's running away on the drivers door

Clio 172
Not my insurance company paying (the insurance company of the guy that hit me is coughing up) so as long as its fixed Im not bothered. Of course there is that worry if it costs too much that it'll be written off. Was wondering how much of a job it'd be and whether I should start looking for a new car now! Seems to drive ok but its bent round the B pillar so Im not sure how much they'll have to replace.

Hard luck Luke, at least mine was a geniune accident, yours looks like someone got bored and took it out on your car.

Family Bus
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuurreaky face!!! :S:S

On topic....bad luck with the damage...you seem very calm about it! I'd be hopping LOL!
Reno will have your pants down of course, but doubt that'll be a write off!

PM me if you want the number of a brilliant accident managment company - free courtesey car and they'll get car repaired for you too. No charge to you of course!! :D

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I reckon it would be a write of if it went through insurance, repair can't be far off %50 of the cars value?

Renault Sport Clio 172
did you paint the face on the car after it was smashed? looks too good! lol

gutted about the damage though!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Write off?!... LOL! Have a word.

Christopher had his rear wing replaced after it was vandalised, I'm sure it was around the £1500 mark all in.

Spot on.

That was including fitting and painting of a rear bumper and sidestrips.

So more like £1300 for the actual damage itself.

Clio 172
Well it went away and now its been fixed. Bit surprised considering the state of it but Im glad to have it back.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
my bro has similar damage to his clio (hit and run) the repair centre who are doing repairs have said it will be over a grand to repair it. (someon went into the back of him the very next day some one hit his side collapsing the boot etc- luckly he has no excess to pay as the guy who caused the accident's insurance are paying it so he does not have to claim it back.)
but his damage is onthe off side so do you recon it would be under £1300? since there would be no fuel filler and pipe to deal with.