ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zoom Zoom Mazda 3 Shed

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
So after selling the scenic that I used to use and replacing it with a Biante I needed a car as the Biante is to nice to ruin.
Set a budget of 1k back in September but found nothing I liked or wasn't fucked in some way. Looked at a puma as I have had a few but it was bodged beyond belief, a Megan 2.0 dci estate that didn't feel right. After using the wife's mazda 2 for a few weeks she was getting pissed off with not being able to use her own car I started to feel a little desperate.
One night a Mazda 3 2.0 Sport appeared around 3 miles away, it had nice pictures but not a very well worded advert. According to the advert it had a track pack!
Exchanged a few messages with the owner and agreed to go and look the next morning. I was expecting it to have gone tbh but set off the next morning getting a lift with my son. Gets there and the car is sat freshly washed and cleaned. I couldn't belive my luck as for a 12yo car it's mint! Went out for a quick drive all went well with no nocks or bangs just a heat shield that was mentioned before the drive. It was up for 1k (very cheap car at that) offered 800 and guy said yes!
IMG-20201121-WA0000.jpeg

IMG_20201124_095752.jpg

IMG_20201205_091250.jpg

IMG_20201205_091307.jpg

So the "track pack" looking at it is front strut brace, eibach springs, powerflow exhaust, drilled discs and upgraded pads.
It's very fit and healthy engine wise that's for sure.
Also has fsh and only 73k on the clock.
That's all for now.

Swift Sport
Never understood haggling when you know something is already cheap. I guess I'm just too nice.

I like the car though, nearly bought one myself once.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I don't think you could have gotten much more for £800, megabuys

The Bose in them is mint, a lad I went uni with had Bose in his sport saloon. Seats are comfy as chuff too
Definitely couldn't of done better, for £800 and to get Bose, full leather, cruse, xenon lights, auto lights/wipers.
They guy well under sold it in the advert. It only had a booklet from a garage that was stamped but I knew that Mazda services you can access on an app so looked and there was the rest of the history so nice full history.
I have an invoice from a dealers that he purchased it for £3300 12 months ago!

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Yeah looks like its got the areo spec pack from the mps with the mirrors, spoiler, wheels, eibachs, i had an mps and it was a cracker to drive to be fair it was remapped but would upset most things on the road but they basically mk2 focus running gear on them

Mk1 focus
Epic motors, I had the saloon in the preface which was lacking the 6 speed box and better looking fog lights and rear LEDs. From memory I don't think these facelifts rust as much as the pre's, my rear arches were shot and the wiring loom on the boot fucked which made a disco inferno when I braked 😂.

Chain driven engine which like to drink oil, heavy on tyres and ate shockers for fun but pretty much bombproof engine.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
The MPS engine was the forerunner to the Focus RS engine in the recent ones. Like Mark cup had.
Mine had 300bhp. Proper fast, it was.
Had to replace the chain. It slapped on startup, so much so, it left teeth marks in the cam cover! It looked just like your £800 weapon as well, near identical.
Only thing I didn't like was fuel consumption, the fact it felt tinny In the cabin and it wanted drop links all the time.
BOOST
or in your case,
BWARRRRP

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
The MPS engine was the forerunner to the Focus RS engine in the recent ones. Like Mark cup had.
Mine had 300bhp. Proper fast, it was.
Had to replace the chain. It slapped on startup, so much so, it left teeth marks in the cam cover! It looked just like your £800 weapon as well, near identical.
Only thing I didn't like was fuel consumption, the fact it felt tinny In the cabin and it wanted drop links all the time.
BOOST
or in your case,
BWARRRRP
When i sold mine it was just starting to rattle i didnt find fuel consumption too bad on normal driving 30mpg was easy in a long run but at the same time 7mpg when caning it but normal day to day driving it was mid to high 20s which i always considered decent for a car that was running 332bhp i just loved how it was a bit of a sleeper

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
So had the 3 for a few weeks now and I am undisided if I like it or not. Its nice to drive fairly economical (40mpg) BUT the exhaust is too f**king loud for a daily and the suspension setup makes my twingo cup feel luxurious!.
I am on the look out for some nice 17"s with some taller profile tyres to hope that sorts out the ride quality.
I don't want to spend much just give it a chance to last longer than the winter.
If I can't sort it I will mot it when it's due in Feb and sell it on as looking at sport prices I got it for half what it's actually worth.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Why do you think he sold it so cheap ? Desperate for cash !? Filled the sump with treacle to stop some knocks ?

I'm half tempted to have that off you in the spring and jog the Bini off to release some cash 😄

#AllAboardTheListOfPeopleWhoEvaporate

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Why do you think he sold it so cheap ? Desperate for cash !? Filled the sump with treacle to stop some knocks ?

I'm half tempted to have that off you in the spring and jog the Bini off to release some cash 😄

#AllAboardTheListOfPeopleWhoEvaporate
He wanted the cash as he was going a few days later to buy a vw camper. Nice bloke and didn't have a clue about cars.
I am tempted to do a track day in it just for s***s and giggles as it feels like it would go well. I have put some momentum 99 in it today to see if it makes any difference.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Fancy fuel does nothing to fuel economy or performance by the feels of it. Still a lovely place to be and its nice having cruise again. The tyres are rubbish so need to change them, I have been on the look out for weeks for a good set but nothing local so far.
IMG_20210106_083701.jpg

IMG_20210106_083715.jpg

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
A good alternative if not already done so is change the tyres to 225/40/18 much wider choice as it a more common size that the 215 that the mps came with as standard

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Cleaned the 3 as it was minging and to get the salt off. Got some winter wheels last week for the bargain price of £51! They are mitsubishi Lancer alloys that are a straight fit with almost new khumo winters on and painted realy bad by hand but pass the 6 foot test.
IMG_20210126_084629.jpg

IMG_20210126_084645.jpg

IMG_20210126_091755.jpg

IMG_20210126_094206.jpg

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Well sad days with doing more miles now the 3 is going up for sale soon.
I am actually going to be sad to see it go surprisingly as its just a realy nice car to drive and has lots of toys. The replacement deisel yaris will be so s**t compared to the 3.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you buying a cheaper car to save more money ? I can't understand why you'd get rid ?

Assume this 3 has been faultless ?! No suspicious gearbox full of marmite or anything to explain the bargain price ?

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Are you buying a cheaper car to save more money ? I can't understand why you'd get rid ?

Assume this 3 has been faultless ?! No suspicious gearbox full of marmite or anything to explain the bargain price ?
It's going purely down to money unfortunately. I am now doing 450 miles a week and only getting 37mpg. I have been given a deisel yaris to use for now saving on tax and fuel as going to be 100pm and to me that's a lot of money. Also the money from the sale can go towards getting my Twingo finished.
There isn't anything wrong with the car and I wish I could keep it but it doesn't make sense unfortunately.
I am going to get it mot'd next week and stick it on ebay but will of course put an advert on here as it is a nice car.