ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All White Now...

Cro

Meg'd r27
Looked absolutely fapping gorgeous yesterday Tim, im extremely jealous! easily the nicest clio over here now! what is the story with the last pic though?... were you trying to find a good drilling spot for the splitter :rasp:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Those pictures in the dark are sweet dude! It looks like a little race car :D I'm pretty sure that's your goal though hehe.

White Sti Hatch
Damn lol, you notice any diffrence when the centers been removed mate like Power, MPG, noise ??

Biohzrd - the centre section was removed along time ago.....winky!

Arches have been buffed so only rubbing on the severest of back roads!

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Bio - car isn't running very well with cat/centre section out. terrible flat spot/hesitation like its misfiring at 2500rpm....

I have been told though that my RSTUner remap by Henk at Fastchip will make everything good!

Noise is fantastic! Pops, bangs and crackles all the time. Very raspy note! MPG was terrible before and its even worse now. I need a fiver to do 30 miles every day sitting at 60mph....I reckon its got something to do with the car running bad - maybe overfueling?

Power is definately up especially at the high end where Andrew from Yozza claims his system gives good gains. Again low down torque needs tweeked and Henk said he had improved this so will have to get my datalogging over to him pronto so he can write my custom map!

Cheers for the positive comments!

White Sti Hatch
So its not worth while realy unless you get a map to compensate for it, Ill wait and see how it is after youve got the mapping done as im wanting to get rid of my Center cat on mine as its taking a beating every day.

Hoping it will give me some gains even though its only a 1.6, when you going to have the map done ? going to have it RR to see the figures ?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Whats the chances of posting some of those outside dark lit shots in High Def...?

Id love one of those as my work wallpaper!:eek:

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Bio - yes Henk has been working hard for me trying to sort out my flat post at 2500rpm - nearly there! We are on the 5th calibration attempt and then after that he is gonna do the actual remap to squeeze some extra ponies and torques and throttle response...

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
So have the maps got rid of your Running Rich probpem from removing the center section ??

It wasn't running rich the flat spot was caused by not enough fuel getting fired in at low revs because I removed cats and centre section the engine was breathing a lot better so it automatically reduces fueling.....

The leaner an engine the more power ie more air/less fuel equals lean. People think you have to increase fuel and air to get best gains. Not true.

Ask any good tuner....

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
All the mods are complete Martandem??? Read the past 10 pages! A few more to come but the V6 is having work done now so the 197 is on the back burner!

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
MPG hasn't changed - still crap.

I haven't actually had the remap yet - Henk has just been trying various calibration files to sort the flat spot. We are on Cal no 6 now!

Once it is sorted and running well he said he will try to release a few more ponies higher up and low to mid range torques....

That car is awesome and you've pulled the rear spoiler off too (i'm not usually a fan of that spoiler as I find it a bit 'halfrauds') it looks flippin ace ! :approve:

Your collection is great :)