ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Macbook update tomo?

6/468 17poo
Has anyone got any inside information on the press event happening tomo?

been holding out to buy a macbook for last couple months to see what they have to say tomo.......................

133, 182, Kangoo 182
No other information than the rumor sites.

Engadget, MacRumors, TUAW, etc etc.

I have to work late tomorrow to get the new products on the system and site. >.<

No one has any information.. apart from a few leaked pictures of what someone says is the chassis.
No one knows for sure though, unless you happen to be in the elite at Apple.

No point posting the pics, cus' we'll see the real thing tomorrow at 6pm.. ;)

I'm waiting too ;)

I sold my Macbook Pro because it was too big.. hoping the new 13" Macbook is the same thickness/style as the MBP is now.. then it would be perfect. (Altho, I can almost guarantee they'll use the same keyboard as on the Macbook Air)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm hoping for a cheaper MacBook as I may buy one for internet access while away from my iMac.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
(Altho, I can almost guarantee they'll use the same keyboard as on the Macbook Air)
Yeah would be stupid not to. The new laptops needs to follow suit from the iMac and MacBook Air style or they would look out of place.

Black and aluminum FTW! :D

Formally Clio 182
For those who are eager to know...

Here's the major visible changes on the new MacBook Pro:
  • A new iMac-style black border around the display.
  • A single-piece aluminum frame. No more chintzy plastic trim along the edges and seams.
  • No more physical latch.
  • MacBook Air-style black keyboard.
2008-10-13mbpleak-4.jpg

2008-10-13mbpleak-5.jpg

6/468 17poo
Have they?

i haven't been to Lakeside for a long long long time, is it a big one?

was i the london one on sunday and apparantly its the biggest in the world the store girl was telling me, kind of didnt believe her, suppose ill save 2quid by staying this side of the Dartford, good effort ;)

Tappd'd RS
I wait two years to buy a MacBook and then two weeks after I do a new one comes out!

Epic fail on my part :)

anyone else hoping for a iphone update lol?

Nope. I'll forgive them all of my call fails and push mail problems (sometimes it doesn't work for a few hours)if they release a Macbook, either normal or Pro, 13", which is the same thickness as the current MBP, made of aluminium, and looks awesome.

Looks likely.. so I'm leaving bang on time today, to get home to watch the live feeds of people posting what's happening :D

Nope. I'll forgive them all of my call fails and push mail problems (sometimes it doesn't work for a few hours)if they release a Macbook, either normal or Pro, 13", which is the same thickness as the current MBP, made of aluminium, and looks awesome.

Looks likely.. so I'm leaving bang on time today, to get home to watch the live feeds of people posting what's happening :D

Uber g33k.

I'll be doing it on a smaller level :eek:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
shut up lol i need a f**king update 2.1 is the biggest letdown ever! f**king shitting piece of crap! i swear they go 1 step forwards and 2 back! my 2g was sooo much more stable!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Hard to figure out at the moment...but it looks like theres no substantial differentiation in spec (barring display size) between the new macbook and new macbook pro.

Daz, wallet at the ready son.

Edit: Doesn't have the 9600M graphics chip but the 9400M (MBP has BOTH).

Last edited:
Hard to figure out at the moment...but it looks like theres no substantial differentiation in spec (barring display size) between the new macbook and new macbook pro.

Daz, wallet at the ready son.

Edit: Doesn't have the 9600M graphics chip but the 9400M (MBP has BOTH).

;)

Formally Clio 182
Hmm, I want a MacBook Pro.

Think i'll save a bit for 3 months and buy myself one for Christmas :D

£950 for a macbook!!!

in hardcore geek terms are these much better than the old ones?

They look much better - they're aluminium for a start.

Bear in mind I bought a MBP just because it looked better than a white/black Macbook, Heh.. so I'm guessing it'll sell very very well - I don't think I'm a rare case :p

Altho, it'll probably take some of the market from the MBP - like, I'd never buy another MBP.. just too big for me.. a 13" Macbook, well.. that's pretty good ;)

If you're looking at specs, then they are better yes.. more RAM as standard, better graphics etc.

6/468 17poo
Just watched the video all about the new macbooks.........................

I want one!!!!!glad i didnt buy one last month now, these look the nuts!

Datsun
incredible engineering for a laptop. The body of the thing is made from one solid piece of alluminium! Looks incredible, glad I've waited till these came out, nearly bought one of the old ones!

Pricey though..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hang on new pro is announced...

they then announced that the macbook is still staying (price $999) they said they had requests of ali case, led display bla bla bla... they then say $1200... and they show what is like a macbook but looks like a macbook pro... and basically has the same features as the pro....

so you have macbook (white im guessing 999) the macbook pro... macbook air... and macbook pro mini?? from what i can see anyway?!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Bloody rip off, the White MacBook costs £20 more than it did before, so much for $100 less.

They are very expensive I agree.
The price is seriously making me think about it.. as opposed to "wow, they look awesome - let's buy!"

My sensible side is coming out.. mainly because my current laptop which I'd sell, wouldn't really be worth enough to justify the cost.

I was expecting £799 for the new ones tbh as a base spec.

Citroen DS3 DSport
When they announce that "The old low-end $1099 MacBook will remain in Apple's product line, add a SuperDrive, and fall to $999" you expect the price to drop in the UK and not rise by £20. I'd expected a drop to £650 or £600 for the basic MacBook. I can see me spending the money on a good Windows laptop instead.

Last edited:
  133, 182, Kangoo 182
Yeah would be stupid not to. The new laptops needs to follow suit from the iMac and MacBook Air style or they would look out of place.

Black and aluminum FTW! :D
I'M STILL AT WORK

WTF AM I DOING

:(

Good note however.. will be first company with new macbook email blast and content on website. And the catalogue has been updated with the new products and front page ready for press tomorrow. Woot! :D

Going home to sleep soon... I hope.