ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Macbook update tomo?

Its a NIX based OS so I will probably feel at home, just as long as there is a Terminal button hidden away somwhere ;)

Apple-Spacebar to open Spotlight.

Type: terminal [enter]

Right click terminal dock icon - "Keep in Dock"

Done.

It's beyond awesome ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i stick the utilities folder in the dock instead.

Picture2.png

Hi!

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Indeed.

Why anyone uses windows is beyond me.

Gash TBH.

if you cant afford a mac head over to insanelymac and make your pc a mac.

350Z GT
Hopefully the build quality of the new Macbook will be better than the old 1.
My case here on my old 1 is complete crap, bits hanging off all over it only had it for 11months and it cost £900. Will still be buying a new 1 in about 5months time though.

So is VMWare the best way to run windows just read a bit about it

Depends on what you want to do with windows?

If you want to run games or 3d stuff then bootcamp is better as it boots windows natively so it uses all of the computers performance.

If however you just want to access the odd windows program or something like that then virtualisation is properly easier as you dont have to shutdown your mac to boot windows, it just runs as another window. However it wont be as quick as native as the computer is having to run both MAC and virtualise Windows.

There is also parallels which is MAC's virtualisation program which i believe is cheaper than VMWARE Fusion.

6/468 17poo
Wooooohooooooo!!!

im writing this on the new macbook, its the nuts first time ive ever used a mac had a proper instore tuition aswell, i got the aluminium one 2.0ghz, well chuffed!!!!!!

6/468 17poo
whats the best virus protection to put on it if needs be?

i went in pc world the dick in there said 5 week wait mate, wont get one from apple either, i then drove to lakeside went to apple exchanged cash and went home with one lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Hopefully the build quality of the new Macbook will be better than the old 1.
My case here on my old 1 is complete crap, bits hanging off all over it only had it for 11months and it cost £900. Will still be buying a new 1 in about 5months time though.

call apple care... macbook cases are covered for 12 months! i had mine over 18 months and they replaced it free of charge! u just need to drop it to a mac service centre... apple care will tell u which one is best, couple days later free fixed mac.